Pad phone unboxing

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;aJyYPxd5wKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJyYPxd5wKM[/video]

I would make this my next device if it came to vzw. No further comments I will leave you to watch the video. :biggrin:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great vid! I would buy that in a heart beat, if I had the money. This is what I thought the Galaxy Nexus would be (back when no one knew any better) :happy3:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
looks nice i would think about it if coming to VZW ..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great vid! I would buy that in a heart beat, if I had the money. This is what I thought the Galaxy Nexus would be (back when no one knew any better) :happy3:

That would be nice if the next nexus would have that ability. Can you imagine what the development would be for that device. Imaging 4.65 inches of goodness in a cell phone transforming (pun intended) into an asus tablet. :biggrin:

mikespe

Reaction score
I want this phone NOW!!!! I'd drop Verizon for this phone!!! Which carrier is getting it? A coworker of mine has been telling me to watch for this phone for several months. I love it!!

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
This is stellar - can't wait for the full scoop on carriers, pricing, and the :icon_ devil: DroidForums.net Pad Phone Bundle Giveaway!?!? :icon_ devil:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last edited:

npro1464

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the carriers will force users onto a tethering plan for something like this, like what AT&T did when the first Atrix dropped. Although Verizon hasn't forced this with their Moto phones and the docking station, and I believe AT&T has moved away from this.

All in all I think it's a great concept but it's just a little too much money for all the bells and whistles. With over $900, you can get yourself a nice phone and tablet and use Wifi tether and call it a day. Or you could get a Galaxy Note and forgo carrying around the clunky hardware that comes along with it.

I hope Asus succeeds, but I won't be surprised if it's a flop. I doubt Verizon even gets this anyway. I don't see a reason to get this phone over the GS3.

mikespe

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the carriers will force users onto a tethering plan for something like this, like what AT&T did when the first Atrix dropped. Although Verizon hasn't forced this with their Moto phones and the docking station, and I believe AT&T has moved away from this.

All in all I think it's a great concept but it's just a little too much money for all the bells and whistles. With over $900, you can get yourself a nice phone and tablet and use Wifi tether and call it a day. Or you could get a Galaxy Note and forgo carrying around the clunky hardware that comes along with it.

I hope Asus succeeds, but I won't be surprised if it's a flop. I doubt Verizon even gets this anyway. I don't see a reason to get this phone over the GS3.

I see your point but I do what you say right now...I have a Galaxy Nexus, Acer Iconia A500 & an iPad 2...I use tethering as well. Problem is that files are saved on individual devices so if I forget one device I won't have the files I need. YES I could put files in the cloud but it's nice to have everything all on one device. I have the Bionic & the lapdock and it was nice but VERY slow & clunky. Based on the video this device seems just as fast as any tablet or phone.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I love what they've done with it. Essentially, you have a phone, tablet, and netbook all in one.

jerkwad

Reaction score
I see no reason that they couldn't sell each piece individually. Sell a good phone and then upsell/market the accessories separately. VzW doesn't need to force anyone into a tethering plan... Now that unlimited data is gone they probably won't mind taking your money in overage fees or having you bump up your monthly data plan... It's not a separate device, the phone is still accessing the data directly... Would be a tough sell any other way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Looks good to me. The right price and I can see myself picking it up.