Asus Eee Pad MeMo Benchmarks Really Well

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;BXc8WjltNzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BXc8WjltNzo[/video]​

As you can see from the benchmark video above, the Asus Eee Pad MeMo ME171 benchmarks surprisingly well. This little tablet with the 7", 1280 x 800 display and 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor managed the following scores:
  • NenaMark & NenaMark 2 landed = 34.5- and 24-fps respectively
  • Quadrant = 1,800 mark, (about the same as the Transformer TF101)
  • Antutu or Vellamo = 4,377 and 975 (compared to the Transformer Prime's 953)
  • SunSpider = 2,546.5 just slightly ahead of the Note's 2,902
The video also includes an unboxing. This seems like a pretty likeable product. Share your thoughts.

Source: Netbooknews

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My favorite line from the Netbooknews review:

So far we have to admit that we aren’t overly impressed with the hardware, it is only slightly thinner than the original Galaxy Tab which was 12mm (the MeMo is 11.6mm) and it is as long as the Galaxy Tab 7.7 which has a 0.7″ larger display.
Yeah, you know that .4mm is ONLY SLIGHTLY thinner... ;)

On a more serious note: I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!! Didn't we decide the MeMo aka 370T WAS the mysterious GOOGLE "NEXUS" TABLET? So that guess was wrong? What's going on here? TWO ASUS 7" quad-core tablets for $250??? There must be a simple explanation.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How funny, the reviewer called it the "memo" (meh-mo). I figured with EEE in the Asus vocabulary, it was supposed be pronounced MEEE-mo!

(And don't NOBODY get sassy with me and say, "No, it's the conventional pronunciation --see the stylus? -- to build on the notion of note-taking, memos, etc.)

-Matt

techRob

Reaction score
How funny, the reviewer called it the "memo" (meh-mo). I figured with EEE in the Asus vocabulary, it was supposed be pronounced MEEE-mo!

(And don't NOBODY get sassy with me and say, "No, it's the conventional pronunciation --see the stylus? -- to build on the notion of note-taking, memos, etc.)

-Matt

:biggrin: I was thinking "meee-mo" also - from the get go. Kinda funny. I mean, i know how to spell memo (meh-mo), I use the word often enough...but I've been pronouncing this thing "meemo" and have always thought to myself: "Why would they call it that??"