Pad phone unboxing

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amazing, amazing, amazing. I know the Galaxy SIII beats the phone in some specs, but this is far cleaner, and obviously the connectivity with the lapdock takes it over the top. Honestly, I'd have to see what development looks like beforehand because, one, I'm sure VZ will bloat the phone up and two, I need my themes, just can't do stock anymore. All and all this is a very promising package and I'm guessing its release will be a major step in pushing more manufacturers to offer their flagship phones with this option in the future.

I know carrier speculation is just that at this point, but VZ is making a pretty hard push for business users so I can't see them missing out on this.

Lastly: have to say this is going to leave some iPhone/iPad users feeling a wee bit sad. Actually, probably many other phone and tablet users of all types.

I wouldn't take it as canon, but this vid states "two devices, one data plan"
[video=youtube;Yy1GtfZcrMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1GtfZcrMg&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

jdlowsracer

Reaction score
I'd buy it, but I haven't seen where it's even coming to the states yet or if ever...but hoping.

N4UPD

Reaction score
If it is a good price and it comes to Verizon, I have found my next phone. I was planning on getting a Tablet like the Asus TF300 pad but now I will be waiting to see how this turns out.We are suppose to get 4g sometime this summer so this will make it even sweeter if Verizon picks this up. Hope you're listening Verizon.:icon_ lala:

acousticshade

Reaction score
This looks petty cool. I can see buisness users switching over to something like this instead of laptops over the next 3-5 years because it's all in one. Personally, I don't like having the phone in the back, I think they should have it hook up to the front of the keyboard where you normally would have the touch input pad or to the right where you would normally have the numerical keyboard. Can you say dual touch screen device!!! Imagine the possibilities and the custom progam input scenarios you could develop!

Apple will probably 'steal' this technology and come out with something similar. They have fallen behind the technology curve a bit here and it's funny to see all the new great Android devices coming out with quad core this and 13 mp camera that and the poor Apple users still have the I-phone 4.

The pen looks kinda cool also. I could see myself using it to answer calls since it's probably easier to pick it up rather than having to unsnap the phone from the back.

Oh, and the phone placement idea above is copyrighted, trademarked and locked down so if you want to use it you need to pay me large sums of cash! :D

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem is that having the phone in the front is either going to cause the screen to be smaller or have to be raised to still give a fully viewable area, the keyboard would have to be shrunken or pushed out, again increasing the size of the device, or the phone would have to attach to the side, creating more likelyhood of some side peripheral piece breaking off. You're welcome to it, but I'm not sure how much merit your design will hold for manufacturers but more power to you if you can get someone to pursue it.:happy3:

acousticshade

Reaction score
The problem is that having the phone in the front is either going to cause the screen to be smaller or have to be raised to still give a fully viewable area, the keyboard would have to be shrunken or pushed out, again increasing the size of the device, or the phone would have to attach to the side, creating more likelyhood of some side peripheral piece breaking off. You're welcome to it, but I'm not sure how much merit your design will hold for manufacturers but more power to you if you can get someone to pursue it.:happy3:

Mission, actually no and no. You just have to think outside of the box! :biggrin: Think full sized laptop with a sunken area for the phone. The phone screen would be flush with the top of the keyboard. I have a Dell Precision M6500, which is a bit of a beast and has, I think, a 15" screen. If you could have a laptop with a 14" +/- touch screen that's removable as a tablet, full keyboard, and the phone was the touch screen input, that would be cool as heck. Definately not a device for everyone, but for power users and as a high end business machine, it would fill a niche. Heck, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Some manufacturer probably has something like this in the works anyway. It would just be two years down the road and is pobably top secret....wait....why is that man in the black mask outside my window pointing a gun at my head.............

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but it's going to increase the necessary real estate for the device. Look at the vids or pics of the padphone and dock; it would definitely need a larger footprint to accommodate what you're talking about.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-gjxrjKzfr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gjxrjKzfr0[/video]

Another video ..enjoy.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All that is cool but I highly doubt vzw is down with that. What allow a device like that and not charge a tethering plan. Vzw officers were laughing in their office chairs. I bet the asus rep that piched that to vzw got this:

jerkwad

Reaction score
All that is cool but I highly doubt vzw is down with that. What allow a device like that and not charge a tethering plan. Vzw officers were laughing in their office chairs. I bet the asus rep that piched that to vzw got this:

While I agree that vzw is evil, they will have to explain why they are charging two data plans when only one meid/sim will be pulling data. The tablet is just an extension, nothing more. Definitely different than providing data to a laptop or desktop via wireless... It will absolutely flop if they force a tethering plan. They are smart enough to know that I hope!

But you are probably right... They definitely screw this up if it makes its way to vzw ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

acousticshade

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but it's going to increase the necessary real estate for the device. Look at the vids or pics of the padphone and dock; it would definitely need a larger footprint to accommodate what you're talking about.

Um, yes. I'm talking about something with a 14" +/- touch screen. There will be a LOT more real estate, because it's a bigger screen and would have a full sized keyboard.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;R460qEgTkLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R460qEgTkLQ[/video]

Mouth watering more :biggrin:.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not as excited about the preloaded stuff but yall know how we handle that. Root and remove the bloat.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
need it in LTE ...no lte no deal for me :icon_evil:. So vzw asus if you bring it to us bring it right with no encrypted bootloaders and lte. Give us that and I can cave on the bloatware.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;4OQB2dUEWOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OQB2dUEWOs&feature=related[/video]