p3droid kernel?

esheesle

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the p3droid kernel you can install via rommanager during the dc10 install is up to date? Not sure of the last time p3droid updated his kernels and whether we're all missing out by not running the newest.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the p3droid kernel you can install via rommanager during the dc10 install is up to date? Not sure of the last time p3droid updated his kernels and whether we're all missing out by not running the newest.

As the P3 kernels haven't been updated in quite a while, it probably is.

All of P3's kernels can be found here --> P3Droid Kernels

Make sure you grab the Froyo ones. I'm running the LV 1.1MHz 250/1100 one right now and have had great success with it.

*Edit* Come to think of it, it's probably the SV 900MHz kernel Woody references here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-concepts-froyo-releases-beta-versions.html

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
Yeah, I used that one when installing. Been very stable but was wondering if there are battery saving features or other features that are missing from that kernel that newer ones have.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've gotten great temps & battery life from the one I'm using. More so than Chevy's newest, and my phone loves Chevy's kernels.

The only thing some others may have that P3's doesn;t is the min-max & smartMod governors. But for battery/temp/performance, I still like ondemand so it's no big deal to me.

TheShamrock7

Reaction score
I'm using raidzero kernel. Runs smooth and cool temps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums