Froyo Wifi doesn't work -- installed new kernels

gertman

Reaction score
I am having the same issue except on open wifi my phone can connect? I have tried all the different Kernels and am currently running 2.2 from JRummy with no Wifi :(

cnmsales

Reaction score
Anyone fuigured a fix for this yet? Mine goes to obtaining IP and sits there. The 3g symbol just stays in the corner. The wifi never comes up.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to advise members that are having wifi issue.

I flashed BB v0.1 then added Chevy's 7 slot ULV 1.2 kernel and Black Ice. My wifi works fine.

Mike

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
think I also had to do the baseband update. I don't know why it affected wifi but mine started to work immediately after.

chipthamac

Reaction score
Installed Froyo 2.2 release wifi doesn't work

So,

I installed Froyo 2.2 and the wifi doesn't work, well I found several sites that have roms ranging from 800mhz-1250mhz that says the wifi and everything else is working, however I installed 2.2 with sp recovery, and these zips with the most current 2.2 with corrected wifi are in clockwork recovery format. I installed rom manager from the market and tried to flash clockwork recovery.
Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks!

chipthamac

Reaction score
Not sure why my thread was moved here, I don't think I am having the same issue as most of these posts look like they are having wifi tether issues, and I can't even turn my wifi on. In any case, ill stay tuned for thoughts or advice.

abitavenger

Reaction score
I had the same problems but I'm connected now. I think it had something to do with the voltage of the kernel I was running. Chevys 1.2 ulv and lv wifi didn't work but the medv 1.2 kernel it works. What is the baseband update?

Someone said there was a more recent froyo leak?

cnmsales

Reaction score
FYI i had the same exact issue. Someone suggested trying a different kernal. I tried and am using the 250 Standard 1100 kernal from PS3 and my wifi is now working.

chipthamac

Reaction score
i don't know how to use a different kernal, I downloaded one, but it's in clockwork recovery format, and I can't get clockwork to flash from rom manager and I can't find a newer kernal with wifi enabled in sprecovery format. :eek:hmy: