Overclocking

Reaction score
Anyone know a safe overclock for every day use that doesnt smash the battery into dead? Ive froozen a boat load of apps with TiBackup Pro, but Im also contemplating OCing the phone.

a86me

Reaction score
I have been working on overclocking my d2g using droid overclock, however I am getting less speed once the phone is overclocked, I have tried all kinds of different voltage frequency combinations. Is there a specific thing I need to change in the app before trying to overclock? It seems as though the app seems to input voltages and frequencies based off the droid 2 processor which is 200mhz slower than the d2g. Any ideas guys?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

leobg

Reaction score
D2G CPU is not only 200MHz faster than D2, but uses 5 steppings instead of 4 on the D2. D2G defaults to 300,600,800,1000,1200, on demand governor.
Droid overclock isn't fully compatible with D2G. I've read someone else experiencing reverse effect when trying to overclock.
On another note (IMO of course) - I never felt I need to overclock the D2g, at least for now :)

rcc0la

Reaction score
I use D2 Overclock to undervolt my phone. I've had some success using the new experimental module enabled. I haven't felt the need to overclock this thing, It's pretty fast. Out of curiosity what are the default "vsel" values for the D2G. I've searched around but this info seems to be a bit elusive. And I don't think D2OC is giving me an accurate readout. When I apply settings and then look at /proc/overclock/mpu_opps, they seem to be applied correctly. But who knows... I probably ought to just wait for a native app for this sort of thing, but what can I say, I get bored.

leobg

Reaction score
I couldn't find way to read the default vsel selections. I am afraid we may need to look at kernel source for that. I don't think it is available though...

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A quickest and easiest way to over clock is to use the over clock app that jrummy have on the market.

a86me

Reaction score
5 steppings would make sense as far ax why the slowdown. Was just kind of curious if y'all had anything up and running, will keep playing and see what I figure out

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

rcc0la

Reaction score
Yup, thats the app I'm talking about, jrummy's Droid 2 Overclock, the problem is that it isn't a real D2G app but more of a patched D2 app.

rcc0la

Reaction score
The only thing I really use it for now is to have a set profile to halve my max processor speed and alert me if the temp goes over 46C/114F. I've got a rubber case on this thing that i'm sure insulates it a good deal. I live in the Mid-Atlantic Region (US), so being towards the end of winter, heat is no issue. However, as the summer rolls around I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ditch this case. I wonder if there are any nice cases made from conductive materials... Anyway, other than that, I've come to the personal conclusion that using D2OC is a little too wonky right now to really change my core voltage or clock speed as a default running profile. I do like the state dependent profiles though, like temperature.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
We are all waiting for htc to release the kernel source. If you are rooted you can use setcpu to bump the stock kernel to 1024mhz (makes no difference honestly) and underclock to 245mhz while the screen is off but until the kernel source is released we won't see any overclocked kernels

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

mkjellgren

Reaction score
For sure man...I'm with ya...

In all honestly though, I'm running The Perfect Storm v1.0 with launcherpro and I have literally no desire to overclock at this point.

bookie

Reaction score
I just wanna oc out of principle lol. Is perfect atom senseless? I came from a D2 and right now I'm enjoying sense lol

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I just wanna oc out of principle lol. Is perfect atom senseless? I came from a D2 and right now I'm enjoying sense lol

Not sure what " perfect atom" is... But if you mean perfect storm, no it is not sense-less. Airborne is senseless. Tps is not.