Wanting Opinions....

droidhtc

Reaction score
So Ive had my htc incredible for 2 days, and have done some modifying. Here are the specs.
-Android Version 2.2
-Rooted with (Unrevoked 3)
-Kernal (2.6.32-Hydra-ocuv-v10)
-Overclocked (running at 1152 Mhz)
-4GB Sandisk Micro Sd card (I plan on upgrading as soon as possible!)

I also performed a benchmark test with the app (quadrant standard) Final score 1126

Please let me know if there is something I can do to get this phone running faster and smoother. With this setup I have never had an app crash,forced reboots, Etc.

dancedroidALL OPINIONS WELCOMED!!! Thanks!dancedroid

kramer56

Reaction score
what does the kernal change do for you? doesnt look like you did much different by overclocking it? Benchmark test?

I to ran that same app and got 1064 just being rooted nothing like kernal or rom changes, is that good?

Last edited:
OP
D

droidhtc

Reaction score
First off, the bench mark test, test the CPU, Memory,2D/3D graphics and I/O Performances and compares the score with other smartphones. Kernels basically run the back end of your phone. A lot of people make different/ update the kernels because they find a different way to improve battery life and make the phone run smoother and faster. And some kernels implement trickle charging which makes it so your phone is at or near a 100% when you take it off the charger. Also rom is what runs your phone...this is as layman as i can make it...

OP
D

droidhtc

Reaction score
what does the kernal change do for you? doesnt look like you did much different by overclocking it? Benchmark test?

I to ran that same app and got 1064 just being rooted nothing like kernal or rom changes, is that good?

1126-1064 is a good margin, as far as speed diffrence to me. I recently tested with a freind running a stock htc incredible and when the test were ran at the same time not only did my phone finish the test fast, it also ran alot smoother than his. He scored 1059

Last edited:
OP
D

droidhtc

Reaction score
Does everyone just look over my thread...lol please give me your input. If im on the wrong forum just let me know...THanks happy droiding :)

bje1982

Reaction score
I would suggest cyanogenmod 7 or one of the nightlies. I was getting 1700+ scores with that with stock kernal oc to 1.13. Plenty of extra options in that rom as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cuddles11a

Reaction score
if u wanna try a rom i suggest cm7 nightlies. thats what i run and have no problems what so ever. its gingerbread based. and i find my battery lasts alot longer usin that rom. also i dunno if its my phone or me but i think my batt charges alot better and lasts alot longer if my phone is off when charging. dunno if it helps ya or not but its my opinion :)

OP
D

droidhtc

Reaction score
Just posting this update for people researching, cm7-rc2 failed twice flashing. I suppose its the kernel. (2.6.32-Hydra-ocuv-v10) Not sure though, because I was able to make it to the fancy loading screen, but would just stay there forever.

stinkybudz

Reaction score
I would suggest cyanogenmod 7 or one of the nightlies. I was getting 1700+ scores with that with stock kernal oc to 1.13. Plenty of extra options in that rom as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
I just ran quadrant standard for the first time, 10 runs. The best score I got was 1462. I am running the Fusion Ice rom at 1152. If cyanogen is performing that much better,1700+, looks like im gonna give it a shot this morning. I ran cyanogen on my og droid and was not disappointed.

stinkybudz

Reaction score
So Cyanogen 7 nightly 17 is pretty close to Fusion Ice in comparison to performance.

Quadrant Standard-
CM7-1588
Fusion-1462

Linpack-
CM7-39.563 mflops
Fusion-40.956 mflops

I ran both 15 times and these are the results.

OP
D

droidhtc

Reaction score
Thats good information, thanks! im running cm7 nightly amd have had no app crashes or errors.

stridr69

Reaction score
if u wanna try a rom i suggest cm7 nightlies. thats what i run and have no problems what so ever. its gingerbread based. and i find my battery lasts alot longer usin that rom. also i dunno if its my phone or me but i think my batt charges alot better and lasts alot longer if my phone is off when charging. dunno if it helps ya or not but its my opinion :)
I shut down my phone before charging all the time. Get a full charge every time.

tribbey

Reaction score
im running cm7 RC2 and have no problems at all with it i flash to other roms to try those out but after i mess with it a little bit i end up going back to cm7 def. top of my list!