Overclocking

cnmsales

Reaction score
Uh, you might want to make sure he is ROOTED before you point him to download and try to install a OC kernel. LOL, im jus sayin.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
[KERNEL] [Sense] 1.6 Ghz OCUV/EXT4/BFQ/TUN/CIFS 31/03/2011 - xda-developers go here for the kernel download it and transfer it to your sdcard via usb...then to the market for set cpu and install it....it costs though

While I definitely recommend getting setcpu from the market and supporting the dev, it is free over at xda if funds are tight. The market version is the same, it is basically there as an easy way to donate. Again, I recommend purchasing the market version as your donation will help ensure great apps like setcpu continue to get worked on. The market version can be set up for automatic updates as well. You can update the free version as well but you will need to install updates manually through astro just like you did on the initial install.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sk8

Reaction score
Anyone know if quick clock advance will work with these kernels?

sent from a sweet paper weight.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
SetCPU is going to be obsolete. You'll see what I mean soon. :p

Sent from my LightningFlare using DroidForums App

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
SetCPU is going to be obsolete. You'll see what I mean soon. :p

Sent from my LightningFlare using DroidForums App

OK, so the big benefit of this kernel is that you don't need SetCPU? Why is that such an advantage?

I've never had a single problem with SetCPU, it's worked like a champ.

affliction716

Reaction score
Here are the Thunderbolt OC kernels

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

It's obvious which ones are the 1.5Ghz and 1.9Ghz. The one kernel that is labeled just DrodKernel is actually the 1.8Ghz one. I've been running the 1.9Ghz for about 5 days now without a single issue! Quadrant scores are insane. I'm only running the stock rom with it. Give it a try!!!

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

It's obvious which ones are the 1.5Ghz and 1.9Ghz. The one kernel that is labeled just DrodKernel is actually the 1.8Ghz one. I've been running the 1.9Ghz for about 5 days now without a single issue! Quadrant scores are insane. I'm only running the stock rom with it. Give it a try!!!

Why are you posting SPAM??? I signed up and it will only let you upload.
Nice trick.

affliction716

Reaction score
Not spam. Works fine. Let it load. Don't need to sign up for it.

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Not spam. Works fine. Let it load. Don't need to sign up for it.

I tried to load it several times but it wouldn't load. It kept telling me to upgrade.
Since I signed up it will let me upload but not download. Another poster had the same problem!!!

This is what I get:

Access to the webpage was denied
You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://download711.mediafire.com/r5kxpm6hj0zg/mj1aodz343zb9yq/drod_kernel1.9ghz.zip. You may need to sign in.
HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.

Last edited:

affliction716

Reaction score
Okay. Not sure why it's not working. As soon as I get home I will load them onto another file share site. I just tried the link and it still works. You have to wait till it says engine loaded. Don't click sign up or login.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
IT'S better than setcpu. Setup doesn't ramp up or down based on CPU load. Which saves your battery...