overclocking and rooting, how and why?

kmusmc

Reaction score
i've been hearing an awful lot about overclocking and not much about how or why i should do it. i have an unrooted droid x. out from that how do i clean out some of the stock programs that i don't use? also, there are some programs that seem to continually run and i don't use a task killer as i was told that was a greater waste of battery

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
See my sig on how to root your X. Overclocking is finicky on the X, but there's a lot of information about on how to do it. As for the tasks that constantly run, some NEED to in order for your phone to function, others are just bloat that can be uninstalled without a problem. I hope that helps a little bit. :)

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
ok so a task killer is a waste of time? thus far i have an extended life battery and i have made my setting to save battery consumption. is there anything short of rooting my phone? or is rooting the only way to get rid of ****e programs? what does rooting do exactly?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Rooting, in essence, gives you complete control over your phone within the limits of the software installed the phone. It's the only easy to get rid of the bloat.

Task killers are bad news. When I'm back on my pc I'll link you to a thread about them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App