Rooting LG Tribute (Virgin Mobile)

DJTiTaN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
i have done a good deal of internet searching for a way to root my fiances new phone. It seems that virgin mobile phones have a knack for either being unrootable, or people just don't care to root them, as i can't really find much. when i was looking to root her old phone a few years back (HTC Evo 4G) i couldn't find anything. I found one video on youtube which suggests using some kind of program called MobileGo by Wondershare, but I don't know if that is a legit program.

if anyone has any suggestions or links sharing how to root it, I'd be very grateful!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Check this link. It should work for you.

OP
DJTiTaN

DJTiTaN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
the download link for the APK goes to a adware site (the kind claiming you can download if you claim your $100 walmart gift card, etc)

OP
DJTiTaN

DJTiTaN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
ok i was able to finally get the download but all my antivirus programs went nuts saying this download is malware.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would bet it's corrupted/infected and wouldn't trust it.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Last edited:
OP
DJTiTaN

DJTiTaN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
i kind of thought the same thing, so i didn't do it.

I tried the "one-click" root on this MobileGo thing and it just restarts the phone several times then tells me it needs to be online in order to root, which it is, so i'm guessing it cannot root the thing.

I hate how virgin mobile phones when it comes to this kind of thing. it's like they design their interface with the intention of not letting you root; forcing you to keep all their junk VM bloatware.

if anyone else has suggestions, or help, i am still trying to get this thing rooted if at all possible

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
For future reference, Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint. I can't promise it, I am almost positive they use the same wireless network. I am betting you can buy outright most Sprint phones and get them flashed to VM.

I know that doesn't help now, but could be useful in the future.

raider.ng

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg tribute virgin lg lsms500
KING ROOT WORKS