Droid R2D2 help!

Johnny Zoo

Reaction score
I keep getting random reboots on my R2D2 edition droid 2. I have a task killer installed, and some said this could be the problem, but how is this so? It happens at random times, not when shutting down programs.

Also, if I were to try to do a reset, would I lose all of those special features and go to a stock OS, or would they also be reinstalled? I went looking for the rom for this phone, but could not find anything. Please, help a newbie out!

Thanks,
John

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First step would be uninstalling the task killer and reboot. Task killers cause more harm than good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

roafamily

Reaction score
i agree with droid does, a guy here had two task killers installed on his droid thinking that he was well protected but they both conflicted with each other and caused the phone to freeze, as soon as i removed it it worked fine

lynchaz

Reaction score
My R2D2 Droid 2 telephone randomly resets. Verizon has replaced it 3 times. That is right, I am on my forth phone and it too resets randomly. This one I took out of the box activated it but did not load any other apps, but it still reset. I did a hard reset (Back to factory) and waited, but it happened again. Am I the only one having this problem? Should I have Verizon send me another one?

yarelygabriela

Reaction score
Help?

I get the random R2-D2 pop out of nowhere on my screen making it's techno noise and it scares me sometimes, anyway to get rid of the little guy?