Otterbox case vs Seidio case

jamjr74

Reaction score
Ok I purchased both cases and figured I would choose between the 2. First let me start by saying that I usually am not a case guy and usually prefer my phones naked. I feel cases just add bulk and since I carry in my pocket this is my main concern. Anyway as far as straight protection goes the Otterbox is better in my opinion. The Seidio however is definately smaller and less bulky. The finish and feel is personal preferance I guess. Seidio is rubbery and does not slide on smooth surfaces and does feel better in the hand. The otterbox is smooth and sleek and has a plastic feel which makes it easier to remove from the pocket.

The long and short of it is I feel both cases take away from the cosmetics of the phone and both make the phone feel quite a bit larger and more bulky. I will probably be going naked yet again with juts my screen protector.

Clownassasin

Reaction score
thanks for the "review" ive been contemplating on getting the seidio till i found out about the otterbox, which i think I'm going to be getting

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
I got the Otterbox recently ........ It seems to fit good on mine..... Of course, any kind of protective cover is going to add some bulk . I don't feel like it makes the phone that much bigger .

oche16

Reaction score
Ok I purchased both cases and figured I would choose between the 2. First let me start by saying that I usually am not a case guy and usually prefer my phones naked. I feel cases just add bulk and since I carry in my pocket this is my main concern. Anyway as far as straight protection goes the Otterbox is better in my opinion. The Seidio however is definately smaller and less bulky. The finish and feel is personal preferance I guess. Seidio is rubbery and does not slide on smooth surfaces and does feel better in the hand. The otterbox is smooth and sleek and has a plastic feel which makes it easier to remove from the pocket.

The long and short of it is I feel both cases take away from the cosmetics of the phone and both make the phone feel quite a bit larger and more bulky. I will probably be going naked yet again with juts my screen protector.
Hi, Can you tell me how the Otterbox is to take off so I can dock my Droid?? Is it a pain>>
Thanks,
Cheryl

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
The back piece is real easy. I found the front more difficult to take off than the Seidio.

rut3556

Reaction score
I liked the Otterbox, but found it won't work in the Seidio charging stand. So, I had to revert to the Seidio offering. Not bad... it works.

ksaim

Reaction score
I think the Otterbox case rocks if you have to have a case. I don't like the bulk that is adds to the phone, but honestly, the keyboard that I never use adds way more bulk.

rut3556

Reaction score
>>the keyboard that I never use adds way more bulk.<<

Yeah, it is a bit of a waste isn't it. I never thought I'd end up using the "on screen" keyboard, but I use it pretty much exclusively. Go figure....

ksaim

Reaction score
Agreed, we have an Incredible in our office right now and there is no keyboard and it is really lightweight, makes me want one real bad!

Kimberlee

Reaction score
I've tried both, and I much prefer the Otterbox. It feels a lot more solid, and I had problems with the fit of the Seidio on my Droid (my hubby currently has a Seidio on his Droid and has had no problems with it as of yet). I went through two Seidios, and had the same issue, and returned both for the Otterbox. Wow, I am REALLY happy with the Otterbox! I'm so glad I decided to go with that one. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the the Droid with the otterbox case fits in the Seidio belt clip designed for the innocase?
This is exactly what I am wondering, Otterbox cases are so nice and I don't know why they don't have a belt clip with the commuter series. I called them and spoke with a rep and he said the only ones that come with a belt clip are the Defender series which as we all know they do not make for the Droid, but come on and make a quality case with a belt clip already. If Seidio can do it I am sure they can

Pre-Ordered Motorola Droid, Rooted In 2010, Running Custom ROM

kyuuketsuki

Reaction score
Anyone know if the the Droid with the otterbox case fits in the Seidio belt clip designed for the innocase?
This is exactly what I am wondering, Otterbox cases are so nice and I don't know why they don't have a belt clip with the commuter series. I called them and spoke with a rep and he said the only ones that come with a belt clip are the Defender series which as we all know they do not make for the Droid, but come on and make a quality case with a belt clip already. If Seidio can do it I am sure they can

I have had ZERO success with all these cases with belt clips. All of them inevitably suck. I did however find ONE belt holster that I like. Given it is a little big compared to the others, but my phone has never fallen from it, nor has it come close. Also, it will NEVER come off your belt. It uses velcro, extremely strong velcro. I've done tests with it, and it just can't come off. My friends have pulled me around by this case, and it still didn't budge from its spot on my belt. CP-M - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

srroos

Reaction score

I have had ZERO success with all these cases with belt clips. All of them inevitably suck. I did however find ONE belt holster that I like. Given it is a little big compared to the others, but my phone has never fallen from it, nor has it come close. Also, it will NEVER come off your belt. It uses velcro, extremely strong velcro. I've done tests with it, and it just can't come off. My friends have pulled me around by this case, and it still didn't budge from its spot on my belt. CP-M - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Big thumbs up from me on Maxpedition gear. I used to use the CP-S with an older phone and it was the only belt case I'd trust while on my motorcycle.