OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

arm33n

Reaction score
Alright so how is it gonna work tonight?

at 12 pm est which would be 9 for me cuz i live in california right? so 200,000 people are going to get an update notification? what if they send it to a droid that already has an update? does it go to waste? or do they send another for the people who are actually patient for the update.

windstrings

Reaction score
My router works fine for my Macintosh and my son-in-law's iPhone. Also works fine for my Windows laptop. The router broadcasts the SSID. the signal strength is 3-4 bars. Droid says we have a connection. Then it fails.

We're probably getting off-topic here, but I really would like some help.

did it work with the Droid ok before?... if so... totally delete your SSID connection to your router from the Droid, then reestablish it as if its a brand new connection and see if it renegotiates with the new settings.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Even though you can now manual update is verizon still going to send the OTA updates? May be a dumb question but I am waiting patiently. When are the next batch of updates coming out?Thanks for all help.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Also, I get weak 3G at home where my phone sits. Should I leave it on Wi-Fi or does it matter?

windstrings

Reaction score
Also, I get weak 3G at home where my phone sits. Should I leave it on Wi-Fi or does it matter?

Leave it on wifi...

If the OTA update is the same as the manual, it will bypass you and not force the update...

If it see's version 2.0.1 but the official release is actually later than the manual.. I don't know.....

So far, it appears that the folks who got the OTA update have the same version as the manual update so far.

misaac

Reaction score
Even though you can now manual update is verizon still going to send the OTA updates? May be a dumb question but I am waiting patiently. When are the next batch of updates coming out?Thanks for all help.

You won't get the update if you do it manually... they send a signal to your phone requesting the version you have. They will then see that you already have the new version and not send it. You will receive future updates though (any updates after this one).

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I was able to fix my WiFi issues by setting my router to broadcast the SSID

I did the same thing. There have been mentions of this in other threads about the droid not being able to connect to wpa protected routers with the ssid hidden. If you are worried about broadcasting it just setup the mac filter on it.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Well, it's 7:57 pm PST and no update yet.... *SIGH*
I'm hopeful though! :D

misaac

Reaction score
Battery seems to be a lot better than before. Looking at the battery status on the home screen up by the time, I would guess that it's at 75%, but going into settings and seeing that actual status it says 50%... Kind of weird but no biggie, the battery definitely lasts longer.

windstrings

Reaction score
You won't get the update if you do it manually... they send a signal to your phone requesting the version you have. They will then see that you already have the new version and not send it. You will receive future updates though (any updates after this one).

Right.. but if there was a later release of the update, they would have to give it another name which would qualify those with the 2.0.1 manual update to receive that OTA 2.0.2 or later update.

misaac

Reaction score

Right.. but if there was a later release of the update, they would have to give it another name which would qualify those with the 2.0.1 manual update to receive that OTA 2.0.2 or later update.

Exactly....

bpad10

Reaction score
repetitive question I know, but when is the update sent out? Sorry, but I find everyone has an update and don't know if it's manual or forced...sorry for the dumb question....just impatient :icon_eek:

Dragoro

Reaction score
30 mins till next round goes out. Time to see if us that did the manual install still get offered it, if we screwed up by doing it manualy, or if everything is fine. I imagine with 200,000 going out, at least some of us that did it manually would be on the list to send the invite out to tonight.

windstrings

Reaction score
repetitive question I know, but when is the update sent out? Sorry, but I find everyone has an update and don't know if it's manual or forced...sorry for the dumb question....just impatient :icon_eek:

Most of the comments your seeing is from folks who got the manual update and applied it after downloading it and following the instructions.

Others are still waiting for the "over the air" update.

windstrings

Reaction score
30 mins till next round goes out. Time to see if us that did the manual install still get offered it, if we screwed up by doing it manualy, or if everything is fine. I imagine with 200,000 going out, at least some of us that did it manually would be on the list to send the invite out to tonight.

It sounds like if the OTA update attempts to push to your phone and it sees you already have the update, it will just bypass you and not bother you.

It would have to see the same version number.....
Its assumed the manual update is exactly the same as the released OTA update... so if you've already manually updated.. don't expect Santa to knock on your door..... you already have your present! :)