OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

NVash

Reaction score
I dont know much but from what I do know Droid and Verizon operate separately. This is to the point where I had questions about my Droid and Verizon asked me to call Customer Service who would transfer me to some Droid people.

Therefore, how can Verizon say anything about this update if they work completely independent from each other?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know much but from what I do know Droid and Verizon operate separately. This is to the point where I had questions about my Droid and Verizon asked me to call Customer Service who would transfer me to some Droid people.

Therefore, how can Verizon say anything about this update if they work completely independent from each other?

Well, there are instructions on the internet on how to install it from Verizon specific to this version. Also I've seen Verizon communications on the internet from Verizon employees with specific times discussed in previous post of the distribution date.

Verizon isn't going to be able to assist you that much technology wise. They do the same thing with Blackberry too.

fpdsniper

Reaction score
My wife got the update last night, but I didn't. Weird. I couldn't figure out why here screen was different! :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This issue (no VZW tab) seems to be only on devices that manually updated.

Before anyone says that they manually updated and still have the tab I'm not saying ALL : )

I'm saying those that don't have the tab share a common denominator...manual update.

I don't want to spread any misinformation here : ) I have to make it crystal clear.

txskeets

Reaction score
I did the manual update and my Verizon tab is also gone in the marketplace.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Tick tock tick tock... still waiting... but I'm patient... tick tock... ;)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish I could tell you, I haven't done ANYTHING to my phone since I noticed it was gone.

windstrings

Reaction score
last night immediately after the update I noticed a downloads tab I had never noticed before.. but today I have the verizon tab.... maybe verizon is slow to get on board! LOL!