"Order not permitted for Cash Only customers"

Reaction score
That's the message I get when I attempt to preorder the Galaxy S3 via Verizon's website. Does anyone know what this means?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You gotta throw your money at your screen! LOL jk

Maybe it's just a site error, how often have you tried ordering?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do, actually, and unfortunately...

We have Verizon FiOS at home. Our bank account was recently compromised, and we had a LOT of bills automatically going out of our account. Needless to say, we didn't get all of them changed in time - and one of them was Verizon. They attempted it once, and because there was a massive hold on our bank account, it was returned to Verizon with the message "insufficient funds". Verizon then re-ran it under the old bank account info (despite me giving them the new info), and of course the same thing happened. Then I tried to do it myself online, and got a similar message to yours. Our account, b/c of the insufficient funds messages, had been categorized as cash only, and that couldn't be removed for an entire year. Cash only means that you can only pay by debit/credit, cashier's check, or cash (I guess inside a store). No more bank account info...

I was able to have them remove the status from mine with some arm-twisting, given our situation. Then what do you think they did? They re-ran it AGAIN under the old bank account info. I actually need to call them today to make sure they removed it again. I was initially told I couldn't pay with my debit card, which was false, or I would've done that weeks go.

Anyway, that's what cash only status is... :)

OP
Admiral Escobar
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on that!

That makes me wonder though, does that mean I can't preorder the S3? Or are preorders allowed at brick & mortars?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea on that... honestly I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to pre-order it b/c of that - unless in their internal system, it some how dings you for it. And even then, I don't know why it would matter for a pre-order. Definitely worth a phone call or a stop by a store!

OP
Admiral Escobar
Reaction score
Alright then, I'll just have to stop by later today. Thanks again for the help!