Droid or cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android33

Reaction score
I recently have bought a droid 2 and am looking to sEll it because I can't return it back to verizon since it is my second exchange. I'm selling it on craigslist list and it is either a droid Eris in good condition plus 120$ or just about 260$ cash. And then with just that cash I would buythe droid Inc but is the droid Eris a pretty nice phone? I mean not choppy or terrible battery life or anything right? Lmk what you guys think the best deal is

cloud12077

Reaction score
I recently have bought a droid 2 and am looking to sEll it because I can't return it back to verizon since it is my second exchange. I'm selling it on craigslist list and it is either a droid Eris in good condition plus 120$ or just about 260$ cash. And then with just that cash I would buythe droid Inc but is the droid Eris a pretty nice phone? I mean not choppy or terrible battery life or anything right? Lmk what you guys think the best deal is

If it is within 30 days you can still swap it for another phone. Don't let the store tell you otherwise unless they can show in writing that they don't swap more than once or twice.

OP
A

Android33

Reaction score
Ye they showed me it says that they can't swap it out more then once it says that on the receipt so what deal ships I do

cloud12077

Reaction score
Ye they showed me it says that they can't swap it out more then once it says that on the receipt so what deal ships I do

I would take it back to them and tell them that you want to get put back in your old phone and find another agent/dealer. Any agent/dealer that isn't willing to help their customer isn't worth doing business with.

That is my opinion, as we let our customers swap out as many times as they need within the 30 days.

OP
A

Android33

Reaction score
No cause I'm tied into the contract I'm still in he thirty days but the guy said there's no way around it... So what deal should I do...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No cause I'm tied into the contract I'm still in he thirty days but the guy said there's no way around it... So what deal should I do...

Is this a Verizon Dealer? Call customer service, explain the situation to them and how you feel about it. They will overnight you a phone. If you find a CSR that doesn't want to play ball, call back and get another one. Tell her you've already spoke to one CSR and you're not happy.

You will get what you want.

cloud12077

Reaction score

That is a lie. They can remove contracts. I have done it at our location. Is it an agent or a dealer your dealing with?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By the way OP the Eris isn't available anymore. At least I don't think it is.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eris is a low end device...which won't be getting any more updates... I wouldn't waste your time, but that's just my opinion.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, what about the Droid 2 dont you like? Maybe we can use this to guide your decision.

Also, having to return a defective phone does nothing to your 30-day return policy. Go to another Verizon store, or call.

OP
A

Android33

Reaction score
You can get the Eris off craigslist. But it says on the receipt apparently only one exchange is alowed and that I'd have to pay a termination fee to get out of my contract

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can get the Eris off craigslist. But it says on the receipt apparently only one exchange is alowed and that I'd have to pay a termination fee to get out of my contract

Did you return the phone because you didnt like it, or because it didnt work?

Again, what was the last phone you exchanged? What dont you like about the D2? What about the Eris do you think will make you happy?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean there has to be a reason why, and I'm curious myself. I have a D2, I think it's great. Maybe we can share the benefit of our experience. If you are having issues, what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.