[Opinion] Galaxy 3 upgrade: What have you noticed different?

sforsyth01

Reaction score
I don't have that issue at all. Was able to delete pages with no issue at all.

What I find weird is as I am typing the letters appear in the right time but the buttons have a major delay in the showing of them being pressed... They appear to be pressed well after the letter appears on the screen.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have that issue at all. Was able to delete pages with no issue at all.

What I find weird is as I am typing the letters appear in the right time but the buttons have a major delay in the showing of them being pressed... They appear to be pressed well after the letter appears on the screen.
I think you'll like flow beta.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

alboboy10

Reaction score
I noticed that I cant delete pages. When you try it says Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped. Everything else seems good but this makes me think the update was not tested.

I'm having the same issue. If you figure out the problem let me know what it was please. I've tried everything possible

X5collins

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. If you figure out the problem let me know what it was please. I've tried everything possible

Will do. I bet it takes another update. Already removed battery and everything I know to do.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Will do. I bet it takes another update. Already removed battery and everything I know to do.

Got it. Go to developer options. Put animation scale to a number (1 or whatever)...change it from what it is now. Then go back and try it.

Change your animation scale back after if it works if you want.

hustler616

Reaction score
I used to be able to wake the phone up by pressing the home button. I have the lock set to 2 minutes so if I get a text before it locks I used to be able to hit the home button and be where I left off, now it takes me directly to my home screen. It is very annoying. Is this an option that I just can't find or am I doomed to having to hit the lock button to wake up the phone

This is my biggest problem, very frustrating for me!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ok, I'm going to come out and say it......

At this point.....I'm not a big fan of the JB update. No flash, it's ruined a lot of my settings, both for stock and those that relate to third party apps, I don't like the notification bar, battery drain has increased, reception is the exact same, and for some reason my memory use is never as good. On average it used to be around .6/2gb. Now it's been closer to .1/2gb. Still runs fine, but it's cuttin' it pretty close there...

X5collins

Reaction score
Got it. Go to developer options. Put animation scale to a number (1 or whatever)...change it from what it is now. Then go back and try it.

Change your animation scale back after if it works if you want.

Awesome. It worked. I did have to restart my phone for it to work but it worked.

kyle10

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
Good update overall, but there are a few things I dislike, or will at least take some adjusting to. Mostly with the notification bar...

For one, I'm not a big fan of the gray notification bar. I liked the ICS black. It also seems to be a little less....smooth when pulling it down. I'm not saying it's laggy, but it doesn't feel like it grabs and drags as fluently as it used to. I also am not liking the time stamp that's at the top instead of the actual top part of the notification bar so we can see the little icons of what's on. It feels a little more cluttered to me instead of opening it up which I think was the intention. And I wish there was a way to turn off the brightness setting. I like it in theory, but I use a third party brightness app, so I never even touch those settings, so again, it's just cluttering it.

Also for some reason when I hit the home button to unlock it goes straight to the home screen instead of my widget locker lock screen. It used to go to the lock screen, which I use all the time. I've looked everywhere but can't find a setting for this. Any ideas?

Overall it seems to be a standard upgrade. Battery is maybe slightly better if not identical, camera updates are nice, the new Swype is accurate as hell (just wish you could change the look), and I can't wait till GoogleNow is more personalized. Hopefully I'll be able to actually use Wallet sometime soon and I guess there's still more to come so we'll see!!!

If your willing to root your phone you can get Google wallet now. U need it rooted. U need an unlocked bootloader. And a deodexed rom. Then you can get Google wallet by this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024460

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah I dunno, though Google wallet is cool, it's like S-Beam. It just doesn't have that great of a purpose yet. And unfortunately I don't really want to unlock my bootloader, but I am already rooted.

Besides, we shouldn't have to unlock/root to get a feature that was promised to us. Especially since it's not the only one missing. So the lack of things we don't have but should is another disappointment about JB.

kyle10

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
Yeah I dunno, though Google wallet is cool, it's like S-Beam. It just doesn't have that great of a purpose yet. And unfortunately I don't really want to unlock my bootloader, but I am already rooted.

Besides, we shouldn't have to unlock/root to get a feature that was promised to us. Especially since it's not the only one missing. So the lack of things we don't have but should is another disappointment about JB.

Why don't ya wanna unlock your bootloader? And yeah I'm sure they will come up with it sooner or later. (Probably later) im sure it will just take time.

debrad0307

Reaction score

At this point.....I'm not a big fan of the JB update. No flash, it's ruined a lot of my settings, both for stock and those that relate to third party apps, I don't like the notification bar, battery drain has increased, reception is the exact same, and for some reason my memory use is never as good. On average it used to be around .6/2gb. Now it's been closer to .1/2gb. Still runs fine, but it's cuttin' it pretty close there...

Sorry you don't like jelly bean. The flash is nothing new. A majority of people knew that there wouldn't be flash. Adobe pulled out for all phones running jelly bean. I had the same issue with my battery. I did a factory reset and all of the issues I was having were fixed. My reception has improved significantly.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I dont understand,why you didnt know about flash and JB.I see at the end you said,still runs fine,so dont worry,BE HAPPY!!!!!:yeahbaby01: