[Opinion] Galaxy 3 upgrade: What have you noticed different?

deborah3756

Reaction score
The phone is faster and smoother. New settings menu. Haven't tried the camera yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
taking the OTA now hoping it can be rooted and bootloader unlocked

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
lol only diff to me is Google Now. Then again my phone always seems fast so i wasn't expecting a miracle

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well assuming I can get it installed, the real test will be to see what the connection is like in the breakroom at my work. When a coworker got ICS on her Bionic she went from no signal ever, to almost constant 4g. I get an INCREDIBLY weak 3g that cycles in and out. Here's to hoping I get the same results as her...

chubby22

Reaction score
Notice different network modes. Is there a difference? Which one to use? Global mode or lte /cdma?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I notice the notification (pull down) is different, menu slightly different and slightly snappier. Maybe I just dont know what else to look for. Not the "complete game changer" I anticipated, lol...

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I notice the notification (pull down) is different, menu slightly different and slightly snappier.  Maybe I just dont know what else to look for.  Not the "complete game changer" I anticipated, lol...

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
The text message notification light is actually the color i picked in the settings. Lol

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I thought we were getting 4.1.2 with the Premium Apps and Split Screen multitasking

Reaction score
My phone seems significantly faster, and the low-light camera option is a godsend. Also loving the new keyboard.. and google now is pretty legit :) internet is also faster, and touchwiz doesnt freeze on me anymore. Also, loving the brightness being right in the dropdown bar (unless it was there before....dont think it was though).

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm still trying to find a definitive answer to when and who will get the premium suite DGStorm wrote up about in the news. if anyone has any insight, feel free to share..

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere but 1/2 asleep, is there any easy way to get flash on the gs3?