One Month with the i*hone

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Here are a few of my thoughts after a month with my iPhone 4S from a former android user (and current fan).
I am not too disappointed, however the cons outweigh the pros.
Pros: 1. The keyboard and the magnifying glass/selecting functions.
2. The way you check voicemail, quick and easy.
3. I like how the notification center shows the weather and upcoming events
4. The main thing I like and the reason I decided to jump was siri. It makes life a lot easier. Thats how I set all my alarms, timers, tell my wife I’m on my way home and it even reminds me to do something when visiting my mother or when I arrive at work.

Cons: 1. No widgets
2. I hate itunes with every fiber and I don’t like not having any other option to put music on my device.
3. No tethering without being “jailbroken”
4. Not very customizable(BIGGEST PROBLEM)......example, I can’t set a bill collectors ring tone to “silent” or even to just send them to voicemail. It has to ring if someone calls.
5. No app for sms to email. None. Maybe a halfass “jailbroken” app.
6. No google navigation.
7. I really like using gmails priority inbox, can’t really use it on this phone. I get notified for every email.
8. If you wan’t to download something over 50mb you have to be connected to a wifi network. Pain in the a$$.
9. All photos have to go into one folder “camera roll” (they be copied into created folders)
10. No custom keyboards I could find only “emoji cons”
11. No uploading to picasa. I really relied on google’s products.
Probably a lot more cons and a few more pros.

Bottom line, I will not upgrade to the iphone 5S or whatever is out there in 18 months. I had the Gnex, but everyone I had just dropped service and I had to make a choice. I REALLY wish I had a working GNex, especially after seeing MIUI and Sourcery drop. I try not to think of it much. Engineering has picked up here so I’ve been very busy at work and haven’t had the time I usually had flashing ROMs so I’m pretty content with my phone now. I will keep up with all the latest on this side while stuck on the dark side.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here are a few of my thoughts after a month with my iPhone 4S from a former android user (and current fan).
I am not too disappointed, however the cons outweigh the pros.
Pros: 1. The keyboard and the magnifying glass/selecting functions.
2. The way you check voicemail, quick and easy.
3. I like how the notification center shows the weather and upcoming events
4. The main thing I like and the reason I decided to jump was siri. It makes life a lot easier. Thats how I set all my alarms, timers, tell my wife I’m on my way home and it even reminds me to do something when visiting my mother or when I arrive at work.

Cons: 1. No widgets
2. I hate itunes with every fiber and I don’t like not having any other option to put music on my device.
3. No tethering without being “jailbroken”
4. Not very customizable(BIGGEST PROBLEM)......example, I can’t set a bill collectors ring tone to “silent” or even to just send them to voicemail. It has to ring if someone calls.
5. No app for sms to email. None. Maybe a halfass “jailbroken” app.
6. No google navigation.
7. I really like using gmails priority inbox, can’t really use it on this phone. I get notified for every email.
8. If you wan’t to download something over 50mb you have to be connected to a wifi network. Pain in the a$$.
9. All photos have to go into one folder “camera roll” (they be copied into created folders)
10. No custom keyboards I could find only “emoji cons”
11. No uploading to picasa. I really relied on google’s products.
Probably a lot more cons and a few more pros.

Bottom line, I will not upgrade to the iphone 5S or whatever is out there in 18 months. I had the Gnex, but everyone I had just dropped service and I had to make a choice. I REALLY wish I had a working GNex, especially after seeing MIUI and Sourcery drop. I try not to think of it much. Engineering has picked up here so I’ve been very busy at work and haven’t had the time I usually had flashing ROMs so I’m pretty content with my phone now. I will keep up with all the latest on this side while stuck on the dark side.

You should look at the rezound or razr maxx. Initial reports of ics blur is nice. I must admit ics blur has made me do a 180 on my feelings with blur. I am praying for a motorola nexus (vzw lte).

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to switch back, you could just sell the iPhone on Ebay or something and pay full price for a Nex or another phone. They (iPhones) maintain value very well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk