On board memory and apps

pattikate

Reaction score
I was reading an article relating to the upcoming Droid Bionic. It stated that a downside for the dual-core Bionic could be the fact that on-board memory is only 512MB rather than 1GB. The person writing the article said something like apps might be hindered by fighting over space. Does anyone agree that apps might suffer from the on board memory (if so, how?), or is this person way off the mark?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Way off...the RAM isn't an issue. Its essentially that same as the Atrix, just doesn't have the extra 500mb for the webtop. It'll have plenty of storage for apps.

Sent from somewhere...

Last edited:

trailblazen

Reaction score
Way off...the RAM isn't an issue. Its essentially that same as the Atrix, just doesn't have the extra 500mb for the webtop. It'll have plenty of storage for apps.

Sent from somewhere...
Bionic and atrix are first phones to utilize DDR2. TB and everything else before do not and use the older style ram. Should run more efficiently and on less juice than say the bolt that has more ram. Staff has it right about the extra 512mb being used for webtop; I read elswhere as well that the Atrix is running an OS ontop of an OS with the webtop which is why it needs the extra ram. Could be wrong but thats word i heard on the 1Gb on the Atrix.

Reaction score
It would be killer if you could unlock that extra ram in the rooting/Modding process :O

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App