oleophobic coating

Reaction score
Does the GN have this? I've had it since the Verizon release day and have only had to clean the screen once.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
LOL. I have a thread over on the Galaxy Nexus Forum about the same thing. It was prompted by a thread here talking about how easy the screen is to keep clean. Funny most people don't even realize how easy until someone points it out. I was one of those.

But anyway my guess would be that it actually does have an oleophobic coating. It is just too easy to keep clean.

Tap'd from my G'Nex

soulshot96

Reaction score
I've also noticed this.

OP
untoothedyouth
Reaction score
Compared to my DX I was constantly cleaning that sucker.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Absolutely one of the hidden gems about this phone. Not only the res, but the sheer lack of oil and flim build up. I have TRIED to dirty it up, but can't!

GenieAngel

Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned how clean the screen was and mine was horrible!! BUT it had the verizon screen protector on it (which I couldn't keep clean AT ALL).. worst ever... so I removed it, and I'm loving it, DancingNexus it's true, stays clean...

However .... will it get all scratched up like my ipod classic did?

That's when I started using screen protectors, when my ipod classic screen got all scratched up (and I don't even use it THAT much)

wil318466

Reaction score
So, that's what is keeping the damn screen so clean. I knew it wasn't my imagination.

With my old phone I would constantly wash my hands because my phone was getting dirty. I mean, I'm a clean guy and all, but if I'd do anyhing like type on a keyboard and do simple stuff at work my hands would be dirty enough to make my screen look all smudged up.

The Nexus I use in all conditions and it just stays clean. I knew there was something they had to do to it to make it like that.

x25064

Reaction score
Dude, I never realized this until you mentioned it. It really does stay pretty clean. The more I find out about this thing the more I go from initially hating it to loving it.

S281

Reaction score
does it wear off though? it seems like when my phones are brand new, they are all like this, and over time it gets worse until looking at the phone wrong makes it greasy.