Oleophobic Screen?

Natolx

Reaction score
Did you even read my post? It doesn't matter if you carry around stone tools. If one tiny piece of grit gets between the screen and something else. Say hello to your new/scratch. And jkayner, I'm pretty sure granite and quartz are on that list and they're very common

Last edited:

ChrisK15

Reaction score
How common are granite and quartz in your pocket? I mean come on, most people just have their keys in their pocket and that's the hardest/sharpest thing they have with them. Clearly keys don't do any damage and normally keyrings are rounded, even on the end part.

Natolx

Reaction score
"oops, I dropped my keys, i'll just put them back in my pocket..."

brianr0131

Reaction score
according to this scale, only hardened steel or iron would scratch the glass, as well as some more rare minerals, (ruby, diamond, etc).

Mohs scale of mineral hardness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pwnt

I have had 4 storms and I NEVER scratched any of them. I have dropped them on asphalt and in sandy gritty driveways face down and I have ZERO scratches.

You're much better off saving your money than buying a 5-10 dollar "screen saver" and then obsessing about the corners that "look dirty" or "might peel soon"

Enjoy the phone, save your money you won't scratch it

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
my thing is there are people out there buying these 35 dollar screen protectors and then there still afraid to put there keys in the same pocket when the keys would not do any damage to the phone even without the protector..

i can find a better way to spend 35 bucks.... thats a good nights worth of beer.

RosarioM

Reaction score
While carrying around sand in your pocket is not likely to happen, it is possible that sand or dirt could build up in there. One visit to the beach and you can have tiny particles on your screen. If those particles touch the center of your screen, and get rubbed back and forth in your pocket, IT WILL SCRATCH your phone.

If you dont believe me, go to home depot and buy the lowest grain sand paper and then gently rub it on your screen. post that video and if there are no scratched, i will mail you my screen protector.

bacalao

Reaction score
That ghost armor will definitely be handy for my clumsy ass. I drop everything. And I advise that although that matte finish on the back and corners wouldn't look so hot with a bunch of dings and scratches. But then again it'll be shiny. I'm waiting for somebody to post a video of the sandpaper test. cmc

oh yea, I'm also a beach bum.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
That ghost armor will definitely be handy for my clumsy ass. I drop everything. And I advise that although that matte finish on the back and corners wouldn't look so hot with a bunch of dings and scratches. But then again it'll be shiny. I'm waiting for somebody to post a video of the sandpaper test. cmc

oh yea, I'm also a beach bum.
I don't think a ghost armor shield will protect it from a fall but definitely if your scared of scratches.