4G toggle

OP
untoothedyouth
Reaction score
The RAZR "toggle" isn't a toggle at all. It takes you to the menu so you can manually switch on or off 4g. It is a nice shortcut but it is not what we consider a toggle.

<------- what he said. I'll put up with the razr switch until the devs make something better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Can't be to picky. I don't think it can be a true toggle since verizon uses two separate chips. From what I read at least

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
seems like a toggle is possible. just an app that automatically goes into the settings and switches to cdma and another that switches to cdma/lte. im trying to learn java now, dont expect anything within a few months from me but ill try to figure it out, thatll be my first project if its not already made.

colagada

Reaction score
Because of the way Verizon has their phones set up, there's no one-button-solution to directly toggle LTE (4G) to CDMA (3G). The best any widget/toggle can do is go to the last setting screen, where the user can switch from one mode to the other.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because of the way Verizon has their phones set up, there's no one-button-solution to directly toggle LTE (4G) to CDMA (3G). The best any widget/toggle can do is go to the last setting screen, where the user can switch from one mode to the other.

Not for long, BAMF is already on it.

T

tktouch

Toggle

There was no Network Mode in the settings that you provided, so I am stuck. Is rooting the best way to go?? Just got this phone, and want to use it to the best of its ability.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
There was no Network Mode in the settings that you provided, so I am stuck. Is rooting the best way to go?? Just got this phone, and want to use it to the best of its ability.

Settings > More... > mobile networks > network mode > CDMA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

T

tktouch

As I said

I went through those steps, but was not given that option. I have an unlocked phone, so does that make a difference?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went through those steps, but was not given that option. I have an unlocked phone, so does that make a difference?

No, doesn't make a difference. You have the Verizon LTE version and not the GMS version right? This is only for Verizon. Stock and custom rom settings will be the same, so i don't know what your issue is?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, you don't see this?

Screenshot_2012-01-04-15-24-45.jpg Screenshot_2012-01-04-15-24-50.jpg