OK, who's planning on upgrading to the Droid X

mcfizzled

Reaction score
I'm totally on the fence about this. I just got my Droid a few weeks ago, I absolutely love it, but if I'm able to get (technically) a better phone for the same price, I'm thinking about doing it.

I totally ignored the Incredible when upgrading because of the lack of physical keyboard, but now that I've been using the Droid for a few weeks, I rarely, if ever, actually use the physical keyboard. Android has got the on-screen qwerty down so well that I see no need for it.

I'm concerned with the size as well.

That and the fact that I'd need to send my Droid back next week in order to make my 30 days, leaving me without a smartphone for a few weeks at least.

Decisions, decisions.

I just bought my droid a couple weeks ago and will probably return mine for the droid x. But like you I will also have over a week to live without a phone til the phone is released.

I bought my phone at walmart, and was curious about how simple, or difficult it is to return a cell phone and cancel my service. I have been thinking about this constantly and at several occasions, decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and that I should just keep my droid. I just have a feeling that walmart customer service will mess something up. Idk, just a feeling I guess.

The Droid X is one sexy beast though.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I'm totally on the fence about this. I just got my Droid a few weeks ago, I absolutely love it, but if I'm able to get (technically) a better phone for the same price, I'm thinking about doing it.

I totally ignored the Incredible when upgrading because of the lack of physical keyboard, but now that I've been using the Droid for a few weeks, I rarely, if ever, actually use the physical keyboard. Android has got the on-screen qwerty down so well that I see no need for it.

I'm concerned with the size as well.

That and the fact that I'd need to send my Droid back next week in order to make my 30 days, leaving me without a smartphone for a few weeks at least.

Decisions, decisions.

I just bought my droid a couple weeks ago and will probably return mine for the droid x. But like you I will also have over a week to live without a phone til the phone is released.

I bought my phone at walmart, and was curious about how simple, or difficult it is to return a cell phone and cancel my service. I have been thinking about this constantly and at several occasions, decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and that I should just keep my droid. I just have a feeling that walmart customer service will mess something up. Idk, just a feeling I guess.

The Droid X is one sexy beast though.

Did you sign a new contract or was it an upgrade?

I've been talking to a VZW sales rep and he's been really helpful. I flat out told him that I just got the Droid and loved it, but was considering switching it out for the Droid X and he told me through email he didn't blame me and understood my interest.

I'll have to eat the $35 restocking fee, but that's not a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

He said that as soon as they accept the return, my account will be changed and I'll be able to get the Droid X at contract price. My biggest concern though, is that this will add an additional 2 years to my plan (making it a total of 4 and a half years). I'm waiting for his response regarding that.

Basically, I'm wondering if by returning the Droid and replacing it, I'm still staying within that 2 year contract agreement I just signed a few weeks ago.

dclutter1

Reaction score
I just bought my droid a couple weeks ago and will probably return mine for the droid x. But like you I will also have over a week to live without a p

I've been talking to a VZW sales rep and he's been really helpful. I flat out told him that I just got the Droid and loved it, but was considering switching it out for the Droid X and he told me through email he didn't blame me and understood my interest.

I'll have to eat the $35 restocking fee, but that's not a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

He said that as soon as they accept the return, my account will be changed and I'll be able to get the Droid X at contract price. My biggest concern though, is that this will add an additional 2 years to my plan (making it a total of 4 and a half years). I'm waiting for his response regarding that.

Basically, I'm wondering if by returning the Droid and replacing it, I'm still staying within that 2 year contract agreement I just signed a few weeks ago.

When you return the phone during the 30 day grace period, it cancels that contract and your account returns to its previous state. So, to get the x you'll start a completely new 2 year contract.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Clownassasin

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind getting rid of my current droid for the Droid X but i'm probably not going to though :(

bitter

Reaction score
If that stuff about us that bought the Droid in November being able to upgrade, I'll be all over it.

mjones1052

Reaction score
THIS GUY IS!!

I have 2 upgrades coming, definitely picking up a DROID X, then later on this year I'm using the other one for whatever the newest DROID is and giving the X to the wifey. I have to say, it looks pretty badass, and I'm kinda getting tired of my DROID with all these new phones coming out. Be stupid to buy an Incredible for $200 on the 19th, when I can buy a better phone for the same price on the 15th.

mcfizzled

Reaction score
I just bought my droid a couple weeks ago and will probably return mine for the droid x. But like you I will also have over a week to live without a p

When you return the phone during the 30 day grace period, it cancels that contract and your account returns to its previous state. So, to get the x you'll start a completely new 2 year contract.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I signed a new contract. I will definitely be returning my phone now! I'm sure I will miss my Droid, but the X just looks too good to pass up at this time. Now I just have to deal with walmart...meh

bitter

Reaction score

cb90

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the Droid phones. I just purchased a Droid Eris in February and I am starting to despise my phone (slow, problems after update etc.). I see most people here are on the fence about buying the Droid X since many of you have the Motorola Droid, however if you had the Droid Eris instead, would it be a no-brainer? I also have a free upgrade available on my family plan.

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
Well everyone get over to a best buy and get yours preordered today, I know I did!