Are you happy with your Droid X?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Mateenager, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

I am a long time droid user -- got my Droid 1 in November of 2009, and have had it since. I love my droid.

I'm considering an upgrade in November or December, which is around my birthday. I will have an upgrade available.

I am starting to fall for the Droid X, which intrigues me because of the large screen, 8 MP camera, and faster processor -- although my droid now is overclocked to 1250 MHz.

My question is, would you rather have the Droid X, or the Droid 2? Or I'm hearing about the Droid Pro coming out around the time I'd be looking for an upgrade.

So, ladies and gents, as a 20 year old college student who LIVES on his phone and loves the latest gadgets and electronics, should I go with the X, D2, or Droid Pro?!

Cheers
  2. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

X.. yes I am happy. If you are waiting a few months maybe wait to see what the pro has in store.. I am unaware of the specs.
  3. laserbiz

laserbiz New Member

I have the Droid X and love it, and its only gonna get better when it rocks the Froyo update. Droid 2? feh!
  4. DavefromCA

DavefromCA New Member

Love my x. I've always bought phones with keyboards but the x is big enough screen that im happy.
  5. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

Yeah the only downside to the X for me is no physical keyboard, because its annoying to type long texts using the on screen keyboard, even WITH swype.

But I think the benefits outweigh that single problem for me, haha

Also, is the screen resolution on the X better than D1 and D2?

My friend that has the Iphone 4 showed me her phone, and the resolution on that thing is ridiculous. It literally looks HD. That's probably the only thing the Iphone 4 has on the droid, because earlier that day she dropped a call right on the spot while we were driving...LMAO
  6. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I gotta say, my next phone will be the Droid Pro. That may be silly to say because I haven't seen the phone and it may never come out, but from what I've heard, it will be the phone for me: a Droid X plus physical keyboard, but better...theoretically.

EDIT: To answer your question, yes, I am happy with my Droid X although it needs a software update pretty badly: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6788-droid-x-battery-problems-discovered.html
  7. iDr0id

iDr0id New Member

I wish i could give my opinion. Day 8 of waiting
  8. avt123

avt123 New Member

The Droid X is definitely worth it. If you are going to wait for the Pro, you might as well wait for the next Droid after that because it will probably be better. No point in waiting really (unless it really has a certain feature you need), buy what it relevant now. I think the DX is the best Android device Verizon has to offer as of right now.
  9. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Very happy with my X. I never had a D1, but my bro-in-law does and I didnt' like it.
  10. Jenlj78

Jenlj78 New Member

Mine shipped 9 days after I ordered and will be here Wednesday so it shouldn't be long for you :)
  11. Guyute

Guyute New Member

Love it. I agree with the other poster no reason to wait for the droid pro because there will be some other better phone shortly after.
  12. TheCheeks

TheCheeks New Member

Love my X. Have no idea why everyone was so concerned about screen size. I actually didn't play with one in person first, I just went for it. I think 4.3" is perfect for me (average sized hands and I wear skinny jeans sometimes, still not a problem).
  13. Gamefreak1g

Gamefreak1g New Member

I love my Droid X. I went from a iPhone 3GS to a Droid Incredible to the Droid X all within a 4 month time frame and the Droid X is my absolute favorite. The screen size is great, just borderline of being too big. The phone is quick, responsive, and has a great UI and feel. The battery life is surprisingly good for how much I use it. I suggest everyone should get one.
  14. felsx

felsx New Member

I absolutely love my DX...everyday, I think Wow, what can't this thing do? I too was concerned about the size, but after I had it for a few hours, the size never crossed my mind again and I'm a woman with small hands.

Love my DXdancedroid
  15. Section Twelve

Section Twelve New Member

I no longer have an interest in physical keyboards, especially since Swype is so insanely fast and pretty good with accuracy from my experiences.

I also have no interest in the smaller screen, especially with the catcher's mitt-sized hands I have.

So, in essence, I am extremely happy with my Droid X. I find something cool to tweak or alter several times a day and I am slowly making it my own. Performance is good. Battery isn't the nightmare some people report it to be (could be better, sure) and it is just comfortable. It flows. It feels natural.
  16. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I would like to say the same, but when writing or coding the virtual keyboard covers up the screen. I just want to be able to see a good portion of the text while typing. Someone in another thread brought up the idea of having 2 touch screens. One could be used for display and the other, optionally, for keyboard. Sounds pretty cool.
  17. Section Twelve

I'm not into coding on my phone. That is what my computer is for. :)
  18. aminaked

aminaked New Member

At least once/week I have to SSH in to fix/change something. Still, I like seeing the entire screen when writing a document/email. It helps with editing.
  19. Section Twelve

Don't take me wrong here, please. I am not trying to change your mind or convince you that you are wrong. :)

Just wanted that out of the way.

However... the editing is so easy on this phone with the on screen keyboard, especially with the crosshairs and long press options.

But, everyone has a preference. I loved physical keyboards (had them on my last 3 phones) for a long time but the screen on this phone has totally changed my view.

In the end, we all use what is more comfortable for us. :)
  20. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Ha ha, don't worry about it, I'm open to other perspectives.

Actually, I have a Droid X (OK, technically it's my girlfriend's but I'm on it more than she is). I haven't tried much text editing/coding on it. I'll try it out! One of the big reasons I like the physical keyboard, besides freeing up space to see more text on screen, is that you can do key combos very easily. This comes in especially handy when coding something like regular expressions.

Code:
    $whatever =~ s/^.*(DROID).*?$/$1/;
    I'm guessing that typing that on the virtual keyboard will take longer, but maybe not. Now that I think of it, some keyboards allow you to long press on a key to get the Alt-character. It may actually be faster and easier on a virtual keyboard. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the influence!