OK, who's planning on upgrading to the Droid X

theecigarman

Reaction score
I'm in. Just canceled the Incredible order from the local retailer! Nice guy, he even offered to hold it for me till I could pick it up. I will be working that day and can't sneek in until after work.......

hoopcrazytr

Reaction score
That new screen is gorgeous, but I'm not really into the whole multimedia experience on my phone, so no, I wont.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely upgrading even though my upgrade date isn't until next year. Say no to two year contracts!

biggs

Reaction score
annual upgrade on primary line is correct just costs an extra 20 bucks count me in for annual upgrade so i can X it up i cant wait :):):)

mountainlover

Reaction score
With Verizon saying anybody with a contract up in 2010 can upgrade early on launch day, does anybody else think this early upgrade option will also apply to New Every 2? My contract (and NE2) is up in December 2010, and I am eligible for both in August per VZWs 4 month grace period on 2 year plans and I was wondering if the early upgrade option will also apply to the NE2. Thoughts?

I called customer service to ask about this today. She said that I can upgrade right away but I won't get my NE2 discount unless I wait until Aug. 18.

kmasum

Reaction score
i got my moto droid jan 2010, theres noway i will be able to get X unless i pay full price.. arggg.. guys any tricks to pay lower price to get X ?

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
i got my moto droid jan 2010, theres noway i will be able to get X unless i pay full price.. arggg.. guys any tricks to pay lower price to get X ?

Might seem like a dumb idea but when you do the math, (well this is all assuming the Droid is a 175$ cancellation fee rather than the new 350$ cancellation fees for smart phones, if it is 350. ignore me lol) it is sometimes cheaper to pay the ETF than it is to pay retail for the phone.

Also not sure if your on a family plan or not but could try getting your droid line and switching to an old non-smart phone then getting the plan as cheap as possible and adding the droid x as a new line. (this is my route) I.E... i have my old envy and on a family plan it can be 10.00 per month and then getting the droid for 10+30 for data. So total 50/month but cheaper than paying retail.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Might seem like a dumb idea but when you do the math, (well this is all assuming the Droid is a 175$ cancellation fee rather than the new 350$ cancellation fees for smart phones, if it is 350. ignore me lol) it is sometimes cheaper to pay the ETF than it is to pay retail for the phone.

Also not sure if your on a family plan or not but could try getting your droid line and switching to an old non-smart phone then getting the plan as cheap as possible and adding the droid x as a new line. (this is my route) I.E... i have my old envy and on a family plan it can be 10.00 per month and then getting the droid for 10+30 for data. So total 50/month but cheaper than paying retail.

etf is the huge number now...

i'm in. been reading for three hours now (should be sleeping) and can't find a single reason not to. man i love big screens...

mcfizzled

Reaction score
makin the switch!

i just got my motorola droid on the 8th at my local walmart. definitely gonna return this before my 30 day return window closes and wait til the 15th to pick up the droid x! hopefully preorder info is released soon. i'm definitely all over that.

jackpfree

Reaction score
Im totally getting this thing if they let me get it for 200 dollars with their 2010 upgrade advancement dealy. i got my droid in nov 2009 so im a bit worried about how they might not let me get the discount with only an annual upgrade available.

Reaction score
im praying our main line is eligible for the 1-year upgrade, but after playing with my boy's girlfriend's Evo the other night, i gotta say that im 99% sure the Droid is goin on ebay and i'll be switching to the droid x.

i played with the evo for about an hour and didn't think once about the lack of a keyboard...with that size screen, i dont really care about a keyboard anymore...cant wait to see this thing in stores..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i played with the evo for about an hour and didn't think once about the lack of a keyboard....

Same here, I have not actually needed to use the physical keyboard on mine once since Nov...Other than booting into recovery.