Ok so I have ths problem

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
CAP201004231836.jpg
CAP201004231836.jpg

Ok so here is my setup.. Whats happening is that when my phone is just sitting there it will spontaneously reboot. I did enable apps2sd and partitioned my card last night but this did not start happing till just a short while ago. Anyone experience this and know how to resolve it? I have not installed anything new and i am running at 1100MHz but only 800MHz when it is sleeping

Last edited:

toddegreene

Reaction score
Cyanogen or Ultimate Droid? Happened to me a couple times with UD, never with Cyanogen. Could not figure out why.

OP
knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
cyanogen... Not sure what happened but it just started happening. I have been running this rom for a while now.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Sounds like its getting hot. Take it down a notch and see if it improves. Why 800 while sleeping? Do you really need that kind of power to sync emails? What else is it doing while sleeping that needs that kind of power?

Nate

OP
knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
oops i forgot to set that profile.... Now I have it turned down I will have to see if it happens again

OP
knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Well after a full day of absolutely no problems, my phone is at 90F and it just restarted on its own.

I'm beginning to think that the Cyanogoen 5.0.6.2 is not as stable as advertised. Along with this issue and the text messages that I have been missing I might have to check out another ROM maker

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bought my phone last November. In January it just started rebooted. Every time it went to sleep mode it would reboot and once it was booted if I did not touch it the reboot cycle would start again. As long as I was using the phone it stayed up. Unless it rang and I answered it.
I uninstalled all my apps and it still did it.

This was a stock phone that had never been rooted. Called tech, reset, tried to reset it up and it still would reboot. Brought it in and they gave me a new one on the spot.

Now, today it started rebooting. It was plugged into the computer. Plugged it into the wall and it stayed up and I noticed the battery was dead.

Those are the only 2 times my phone has done reboot cycles. Your cause may be different. If nothing has changed for a while you may want to do a recovery or switch roms to see if that solves it. If no new apps have been downloaded and you've been on this rom for a while then you might need to try going back to stock and see if the issue persists then trade in if it does.

forkup

Reaction score
5062 is stable which can be attested to by it's numbers of users, did you wipe data before you installed? I suggest a clean install, if you use titanium backup do not reinstall app data unless coming from a cyanogen rom.

OP
knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Yes I did a clean install... This is really starting to bug me, I might just try to switch kernels and see if that is the culprit

Droids

Reaction score
Yup, either it wasn't a clean install or the kernel doesn't work with your phone. Start with the stock kernel that comes with 5.0.6.2. Only overclocks to 600 but it's very stable. Then move to faster kernels from there.

OP
knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
so i guess my question is what voltage will be the most stable? I would assume low voltage but we all know what assume means

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nateccnn

Reaction score
Switching back and forth with roms and kernels may have put some conflicting stuff on your phone. Keep in mind that not all installers, zip files, rom.tar, rom.tgz, DMUpdaters, RomManagers...not all installers do the rooting and installation the same way. So one may put a needed root file in the directroy1 and another may put the same file in a directory2.

If installing a new kernel doesn't fix it I would say it's time to RSD Lite back to stock and start all over again. If the problem disappears then you can start playing with various roms again. If it continues then I would visit the Vz store to see about getting that phone replaced.

Mine did the reboot thing when I was running overclocked and I was downloading some off line cache files of USGS Topo Maps. It ran all night downloading the tiles in the background. When it was about 95% it just shut itself down and when I powered up it got into the reboot loop you described. I noticed the temp was 120 degreres. I had the sleep speeds set too high. I set the sleep speed to 400 and ran the same download the next night and had no problems. Don't need the proccesor speeds for downloads.

Nate

nateccnn

Reaction score
so i guess my question is what voltage will be the most stable? I would assume low voltage but we all know what assume means

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was reading on OC kernels last night and noticed a couple people suggested trying the medium voltage if the user saw the boot loop. So my guess is that soemtimes the medium voltage could be more stable than low. I think the consensus is, try low voltage first. If you experience problems then try medium. It's a craps game. Just keep rolling the dice till you win. No one can tell you when you'll hit 7s.

Nate