Ok so I have ths problem

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by knotbeerdan, Apr 23, 2010.

1. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Ok so here is my setup.. Whats happening is that when my phone is just sitting there it will spontaneously reboot. I did enable apps2sd and partitioned my card last night but this did not start happing till just a short while ago. Anyone experience this and know how to resolve it? I have not installed anything new and i am running at 1100MHz but only 800MHz when it is sleeping

#1 knotbeerdan, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. toddegreene

toddegreene Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cyanogen or Ultimate Droid? Happened to me a couple times with UD, never with Cyanogen. Could not figure out why.

3. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cyanogen... Not sure what happened but it just started happening. I have been running this rom for a while now.

4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Sounds like its getting hot. Take it down a notch and see if it improves. Why 800 while sleeping? Do you really need that kind of power to sync emails? What else is it doing while sleeping that needs that kind of power?

Nate

5. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oops i forgot to set that profile.... Now I have it turned down I will have to see if it happens again

6. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well after a full day of absolutely no problems, my phone is at 90F and it just restarted on its own.

I'm beginning to think that the Cyanogoen 5.0.6.2 is not as stable as advertised. Along with this issue and the text messages that I have been missing I might have to check out another ROM maker

7. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Bought my phone last November. In January it just started rebooted. Every time it went to sleep mode it would reboot and once it was booted if I did not touch it the reboot cycle would start again. As long as I was using the phone it stayed up. Unless it rang and I answered it.
    I uninstalled all my apps and it still did it.

This was a stock phone that had never been rooted. Called tech, reset, tried to reset it up and it still would reboot. Brought it in and they gave me a new one on the spot.

Now, today it started rebooting. It was plugged into the computer. Plugged it into the wall and it stayed up and I noticed the battery was dead.

Those are the only 2 times my phone has done reboot cycles. Your cause may be different. If nothing has changed for a while you may want to do a recovery or switch roms to see if that solves it. If no new apps have been downloaded and you've been on this rom for a while then you might need to try going back to stock and see if the issue persists then trade in if it does.

8. forkup

forkup Member

Ratings:
    +0
    5062 is stable which can be attested to by it's numbers of users, did you wipe data before you installed? I suggest a clean install, if you use titanium backup do not reinstall app data unless coming from a cyanogen rom.

9. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I did a clean install... This is really starting to bug me, I might just try to switch kernels and see if that is the culprit

10. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that would be a good idea.

11. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, either it wasn't a clean install or the kernel doesn't work with your phone. Start with the stock kernel that comes with 5.0.6.2. Only overclocks to 600 but it's very stable. Then move to faster kernels from there.

12. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i guess my question is what voltage will be the most stable? I would assume low voltage but we all know what assume means

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk