OK, All Rooted And Want To Freeze Stuff

CharleyGnarlyP290

Reaction score
I rooted my phone (ultra easy) and loaded Titanium to do a backup (also easy.) Now I want to start freezing some stuff. I did a little reading and found Gemini and thought I would give that a try since it is free. Question is how do I freeze stuff? I checked with the app and not everything is listed, specifically, all of the Verizon junk and I noticed some other stuff missing as well.
My main goal is to extend my battery life, and freezing stuff seems to be the way to do it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Quick edit: Or should I just stop being a tightwad and pony up for the pro version of titanium and will it do what I want?

Endoroid

Reaction score
Yes titanium backup pro will let you freeze bloat. Or you can use some sort of root browser and rename bloat files by adding a .bak extension which will have the same end result(this isn't how freezing works, but both ways will prevent the app from running or appearing in the app drawer). That can be time consuming though. I highly recommend to CWR backup first, in case you get rid of the wrong thing. There should be some lists floating around of what's safe

Sent from my rooted xt860

olorolo

Reaction score
Yes titanium backup pro will let you freeze bloat. Or you can use some sort of root browser and rename bloat files by adding a .bak extension which will have the same end result(this isn't how freezing works, but both ways will prevent the app from running or appearing in the app drawer). That can be time consuming though. I highly recommend to CWR backup first, in case you get rid of the wrong thing. There should be some lists floating around of what's safe

Sent from my rooted xt860

He should always have an updated nadroid anyway but if something messes up just go back and take the bak off again :D

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk