Ready To Root... Right Now, But A Few Questions

CharleyGnarlyP290

Reaction score
I have the 1Click stuff loaded to my desktop and ready to go. Before I proceed, I have some questions:
After I root my phone, what are the essential things I should do first? My primary goals are to get rid of bloatware, and back my phone up. I have seen people say to get rid of bloatware completely, and some have said just to freeze them (whatever that means) so upgrades will still work. Should I install some anti-virus?
What are the essentials?

Reaction score
You pretty much answered your own question lol. Def get rid of bloatware and make a back up. Freezing bloatware means to pretty much turn an app dormant. Its like deleting it, but the app still stays on your phone. That way when updates roll around, it'll pass verification. To do that, most of us use an app called titanium backup. You still need to install a recovery. I'd recommend hashcodes safestrap (v1.08 is the latest). It will save you plenty of headaches as you learn what you can and cannot do with your phone. As far as an anti virus... imho, it's not a necessity as long as your careful. Enjoy your newly rooted device!

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have a checklist of software I would need and things to do and not do?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
You need the latest moto drivers, the d3 one click program (i googled d3 one click), some form of recovery bootstrap (i recommend safestrap), and thats it at the bare minimum. If you want to get rid of bloat, i recommend titanium back up. If you're flashing new roms, read the install directions carefully, and always make nandroid back ups in recovery. If you dont plan on flashing a new rom, instead of using safestrap, look for hashcodes tweaked version on koush's bootstrap. Safe strap doesnt allow flashing of. Zip files when safe mode is disabled. Safemode doesnt have an os, you gotta flash one. But if you do go that route, make sure the rom is safestrap compatible. Most are.

I find that if you just read the instructions for things and follow them to a t, you wont brick your phone. But it does happen. So in the event that that does happen, get the latest copy of a program called rsd light, as well as the sbf file of your os (google it, or look on rootzwiki). That should do it. If i forgot anything, i'm sure someone else will catch it and let you know. Have fun!

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. I went to edit the last post, and i just cannot scroll to the bottom of the text on my phone. It's incredibly annoying. But anyway, you may want an app called root explorer. Just sayin...

nu2droid

Reaction score
Once rooted, the bootstrap (or safestrap) allows you to perform a backup and restore a backup in case something goes wrong. I'd suggest the safestrap. It is about the best way to save you if something goes wrong.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums