Rooting Help

xrxex

Reaction score
I followed all the instructions to root the phone, but how do I actually tell if I'm rooted or not? I mainly rooted the phone to uninstall or freeze the facebook stuff as well as the blockbuster app and I can't uninstall or freeze them. I'm also trying to remove the #BAL and #DAT and all those stuff from the contact cards that you aren't able to delete normally and I'm still not able to delete anything.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I followed all the instructions to root the phone, but how do I actually tell if I'm rooted or not? I mainly rooted the phone to uninstall or freeze the facebook stuff as well as the blockbuster app and I can't uninstall or freeze them. I'm also trying to remove the #BAL and #DAT and all those stuff from the contact cards that you aren't able to delete normally and I'm still not able to delete anything.

You can tell if you are rooted by finding the "Superuser" application in your app drawer. Also, you can use the free "Root Checker" app from the Market.

If you did not get root, make sure you have HTC removed and retry after rebooting the computer.

OP
X

xrxex

Reaction score
You can tell if you are rooted by finding the "Superuser" application in your app drawer. Also, you can use the free "Root Checker" app from the Market.

If you did not get root, make sure you have HTC removed and retry after rebooting the computer.
It worked, I have root access, but I'm still stumped on how people freeze apps like blockbuster and other stuff or delete it, as well as the #bal and stuff things that are on the sim card and you can't.

EDIT

Never mind, I just figured out that I had to have titanium backup to freeze.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It worked, I have root access, but I'm still stumped on how people freeze apps like blockbuster and other stuff or delete it, as well as the #bal and stuff things that are on the sim card and you can't.

EDIT

Never mind, I just figured out that I had to have titanium backup to freeze.

TiBa is one app that does that. There are other apps that freeze as well. You can also manually edit the apps to freeze them by changing the extensions using a root file browser, just remember to freeze, NOT delete.

As far as those contacts go, you should be able to delete them, if not, open up Phone-->People--> then at the top where is says People, tap that and it will give you a list of contacts to view, deselect the phone option if all of your contacts are stored through Google. If they still show up, try to long press on them and choose delete.