[Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

chasehammer

Reaction score
for 1 they are all dead links. 2, they are not full roms, there are bloatware and other apks removed so it will autofail as well.

chasehammer

Reaction score
interesting, everytime i tried to download it, i would get a partial download and it would say completed. mind uploading it to mediafire?

Inelastic

Reaction score
Was there even a leak of the R2D2 SBF? I don't recall ever seeing one. I remember some people putting up their nandroid backups at one point, but never a SBF. My original backup turned out to be bad (go figure), so I'm running the regular Droid 2 GB OTA right now.

jedifire11

Reaction score
Uploading now chasehammer, will post the link when its done. Just trying to figure out whether to load it on top of 2.4.5 or 2.3.20...

EDIT: Hope this works for you!
http://www.mediafire.com/?czrr1bzawsnc451

2nd EDIT: Well this ROM installed okay over top of 2.4.5, however it seems that it is 2.4.0 and the system is not recognizing that there is an update at all and I was unable to download the GB OTA...

chasehammer

Reaction score
awesome, thanks.

im downloading this now. I also downloaded the OTA update and pulled it from my cache partition so i can manually try to install it from recovery. Ill let you know what happens. If it works ill upload the update for you.

MightyMax

Reaction score
Got the update to take after numerous failed attempts

It took some drastic steps though...

Just a reminder.... There is no turning back if you flash with a new sbf.... and there are so many chances to brick your phone.

First I loaded a 2.3.20 FULL SBF file that I located from this link.
(There was at least one of the download links for the sbf that was still working)

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat
I highly recommend reading through the thread to pick up tips and tricks.

After successively loading the full sbf and truning my R2D2 droid into a stock Droid 2 unit I loaded the on-line update and everything worked OK.

Well mostly OK ... I could not use any of my rooting programs to root the newly updated phone .... sigh... back to Google to hunt for a fix...

I found it here...

Pete's Motorola Root Tools

Yes, it says it's for a Droid 3.... But it works for my R2D2 masquerading as a Driod 2 now.

It's not perfect, but it worked for me.

chasehammer

Reaction score
Uploading now chasehammer, will post the link when its done. Just trying to figure out whether to load it on top of 2.4.5 or 2.3.20...

EDIT: Hope this works for you!
D2-R2D2.zip2nd EDIT: Well this ROM installed okay over top of 2.4.5, however it seems that it is 2.4.0 and the system is not recognizing that there is an update at all and I was unable to download the GB OTA...

Well it didnt work. Got hung up on something to do with "apply patch check AdService.apk" but unsure. I even found a earlier backup of my R2D2 but it didnt matter. Anyways here is the pull of the Update zip from my cache after it downloaded. Hope someone figures out something soon.

R2D2 2.4.5 (Gingerbread OTA) : Blur_Version.2.4.5.A957.Verizon.en.US.zip

jedifire11

Reaction score
MightyMax, it sounds like you just loaded up the D2 BG OTA, correct?

That stinks, chasehammer, I was hoping that would work. How did you try installing the update?

SlateJones

Reaction score
Thanks for this chasehammer. I have been looking all over the internet trying to find this. my download failed and i cant get r2 to redownload the update. Im gonna attempt to flash it in the stock recovery. Hope i can get it to work.

chasehammer

Reaction score
I tried installing it with Bootstraps Recovery (Clockworkmod) and it didnt even try. then i tried in stock recovery and it said the apply patch check error. So then i tried to load the GB leak again and install the new OTA update on top of that and i get a Signature not verified error. so i have no more ideas.