[Official] Nexus 6P cases Thread

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Just ordered this one. Kind of reminds me of the incipio case I used to be able to get. Sadly they got no love for anything but Apple and Samsung anymore it seems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0151MELTW/ref=as_li_tl

I ordered the dark blue.

Edit: Dang I should proofread better when posting from the phone!

Last edited:

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand Amazon's shipping estimates. They're basically like "it'll ship between a month from now and the end of next year." Then it shows up 2 days later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

mach330

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the Spigen Rugged Armor case.

Case next to Nexus 6P for thickness comparison:

yRP7kQZ.jpg

HjUJbkX.jpg

Good table top face protection:

wSj5OgR.jpg

For $12.99 you get a great case with the Spigen Rugged Armor. Feels good in hand, adequate protection and thin profile. I give it 9/10 ★
So is the whole thing hard rubber? Would you mind taking a pix facing the phone? Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
No problem! Hope you find something. I ordered 2 cases & they're in transit now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
The place I stopped by last night had their cell phone kiosk closed, of course. But I'm hoping to stop by the mall for a bit sometime today and check out one of the kiosks there.

On a better note, I played with the Nexus 6P for a bit and man, that phone is beautiful. I still have it in that cover it comes with haha. Haven't messed with it too much, just set up my account and a few apps. I also checked out a few videos on YouTube to see how it looked and sounded. Everything sounds great! Though I did notice that when you have the volume set to the loudest, it sounds really loud, but dropping it down one or two notches seems to get much quieter. Seems to be a steep dropoff in sound. Not a big issue, I remember seeing someone mention this in one of their reviews. Overall though I'm impressed so far.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Finally determined that my Supcase should be delivered tomorrow. I believe I ordered a different model than @cynkrzy, so I'm hoping the buttons are ok on mine. Would definitely like a case for the weekend. Got some building to do and would rather not rock the phone naked for that.

As for my Spigen case, it's anyone's guess when it'll show up, but it's apparently in transit.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any of you guys consider the adopted cases offered on the GPstore

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I looked but nothing blew my skirt up ... I'm hoping the new case I ordered is gonna do it for me. Looks similar to the Incipio cases I really like with the older phones, so I'm hopeful.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I made the decision to go with clear/frosted/smoked cases. I always get a black or whatever the dark color option is when I get a new phone and I went with the Aluminum this time, so I'm trying to stay away from solid colored cases, because I tend toward darker cases too. I'm also not a fan of spending more than $20 or so on a TPU case. Even that's kinda pushing it in my book. Sure, you get what you pay for, but it's just a hunk of molded rubber...

I've seen decent reviews about the Adopted case, but I think that's the one I'm seeing reports that it inhibits the ability to take screen shots. If not that one, then another one offered by Google. Apparently, when you go to push the power and volume down buttons, the case is too rigid, so it pushes volume up as well. No screen shots for you.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I made the decision to go with clear/frosted/smoked cases. I always get a black or whatever the dark color option is when I get a new phone and I went with the Aluminum this time, so I'm trying to stay away from solid colored cases, because I tend toward darker cases too. I'm also not a fan of spending more than $20 or so on a TPU case. Even that's kinda pushing it in my book. Sure, you get what you pay for, but it's just a hunk of molded rubber...

I've seen decent reviews about the Adopted case, but I think that's the one I'm seeing reports that it inhibits the ability to take screen shots. If not that one, then another one offered by Google. Apparently, when you go to push the power and volume down buttons, the case is too rigid, so it pushes volume up as well. No screen shots for you.

Nexus 6P Cases making it Difficult to take Screenshots | Androidheadlines.com

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now that, I might actually pay over $30 for, if I decided to hide my aluminum.

Any experience with them? Wondering what kinda drop protection they have.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
That's what is on my Mac book pro

bb1e6070d69b64e2234b39f9a85ad2e9.jpg

Will say that if you go that way better stay that way because that adhesive is tough, especially after it has been there awhile. Really good craftsmanship but may not be what i want on a phone since I'm one who like to change up skins from time to time.