7.1.2 Nexus 6P

Discussion in 'Nexus 6P by Huawei' started by pc747, Feb 25, 2017.

1. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,337
    I switched from Verizon to ATT back when I bought my Note 2 and I haven't missed Verizon one bit.

I started to give T-Mobile a try but 2 things held me back.

1) I'm still not ready to trust their infrastructure yet.

2) When I dipped my toes in the T-mobile pool I bought a mobile hotpot for a family member. When I had a few issues I could tell where they were cutting their money from in their customer service reps. At the time I could only get help at a certain time over the phone (we were having an issue with the device because I used a number with a different area code and it just threw their system off), and even then the rep over the phone did more to make things worse. Now I have experienced bad customer service reps on both AT&T and Verizon so I tried several times later to talk to a tech and a few other reps only to just give up. I ended up buying another hotspot through AT&T's prepaid service and when the rep took the extra time to talk my grandmother (who was far from being tech savvy at the time) through setting her iPad up over the wifi hotspot when I was in a meeting, it just reminded me why I am still willing to stay with them.

Like I said in another thread (when I referenced Apple's tech support) having quality tech support to me is worth a little extra and it enhances an already quality service. Less quality tech support with less reliability equals a drop off for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,337
    [​IMG]

^ infamous battery drain. I was at 100 1.5 hours ago. I killed all my apps and yet still something is going on because I can feel my battery getting warm.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I had the Android system drain. Can't remember what I did yo fix it. Deleted cache maybe?

4. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,337
    I've rebooted, deleted cache, factory reset, and removed apps.

I'll keep digging though, I'm sure to find it. Or at least contain it until new phone time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +930
    I feel like I'm having trouble keeping a data connection, despite showing a signal. Or it's just really slow. Songs take 7-10 seconds to start, switching from data to WiFi and vice versa take a little bit to switch.

6. rosariorose9

rosariorose9 Active Member

Ratings:
    +69
    My plan as well. I LOVE my 6P, but I'm tired of people telling me that the sound quality of my calls is terrible. My workaround has been to turn on the speakerphone, but that's a pita...

7. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    Are you on Verizon? Did you turn off advanced calling? Nobody could hear me until I did that.

8. rosariorose9

Ratings:
    +69
    Yes, Mustang, I am on Verizon. Where is the setting to turn that off? Thanks.

9. popcenator

Ratings:
    +930
    I haven't heard that complaint, maybe they just haven't said anything. I'm tired of poor battery life, every other update I seem to have connection issues. When they fix one thing, another thing stops functioning correctly. I'm having stutters and freezes when opening or transitioning to other apps. I know it's two years old but I thought even two years ago Google's babies would be a little more fluid than this.

I quoted the wrong post, but the option is in Settings, more, cellular networks.

10. rosariorose9

Ratings:
    +69
    Popcenator, I still can't find where to turn off 'advanced calling'. The only options under cellular networks are 'data roaming', 'preferred network type', 'system select', and 'access point names.'

11. rosariorose9

Ratings:
    +69
    Managed to find an old post here on this issue, and it included an image of the Celllular network settings page. The option to turn 'Enhanced 4G LTE Mode' which appeared between 'Preferred network type' and 'System select' is no longer on that page! Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I'm running 7.1.2.

12. popcenator

Ratings:
    +930
    This is what I see. Do you know if you have it activated on Verizon's end? [​IMG]