[Official] Nexus 6P cases Thread

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am worried about the case game for this phone, I am not seeing anything good on the Zon yet. I am really hoping that Spigen gets on board and comes up with something. I have used them for my past 4 or 5 phones, always love their cases.

I think if I had to just in the meantime I would go with one of these Versus cases, until something better comes along, can't go unprotected. I know it is early, but Spigen is usually on the ball for pre-orders of their cases before the phone launches.

http://www.amazon.com/Nexus-Case-Ve...4841838&sr=8-10&keywords=huawei+nexus+6p+case

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm wondering if Spigen is feeling the fiasco of the Note 4 mic issues last year and waiting to make sure they've got their ducks fully in a row before offering up any cases.

I intend to rock my 6P naked out of the box. Like I just stated in another thread, I ordered the aluminum because I always go for the black/dark phones and wanted to switch it up. Don't like the idea of covering that right up with a dark case (which I'll totally do if/when I decide to get a case for it).

Those Verus cases don't look bad though. They actually remind me of some of Spigen's offerings. Here's hoping they've accounted for the laser for the auto-focus. Too bad that flash sale on their cases for the 6P is over. If I had ordered my phone back then, I might've grabbed one just for the price and to have an option for extra protection if I needed it.

WERA689

Administrator
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One+ One, Nexus 5
I spoke with the folks at Seidio yesterday, and they say they have some coming, but couldn't say when. They're my go-to case/holster company. However, I also pre-ordered two, sight unseen, from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015GHQGM2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015X9UR2S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

The second one looks particularly interesting to me. No tracking, so I have no idea when I'll actually see them. :(

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

mach330

Reaction score
i've always liked spigen cases. I see 5x on their site, but no 6p. I think I'll wait for that.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just ordered this clear spigen case from Amazon. Glad I checked there. Spigen's official site still has this one listed for 24.99. I got it for 13.99.

I'm normally not a fan of a clear case, but given that I trust spigen & want to show off my aluminum phone, I figure this'll be good when I need a case.

Nexus 6P Case, Spigen® [Ultra Hybrid] AIR CUSHION [Crystal Clear] Clear back panel + TPU bumper for Nexus 6P (2015) - Crystal Clear (SGP11796) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016CBF3DE/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_uOwjwbDGZ7T3T
The funniest part? The tweet I found this from made note of the fact that their cases are "laser auto-focus ready."

sloper

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Nexus
Anybody take a look at the cases offered by Google? Any good?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Here's some input, I only read the title so I'm not sure what exactly they say about it.

http://m.androidcentral.com/googles-nexus-6p-case-surprisingly-good

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I read earlier. Basically, they say that it's a nice thin case that adds good grip & decent protection for the average person. Imo, you can get an equally nice case for half the price.

I think it's funny that they have a "5 best 6P cases" article & almost none of them are shipping yet.

Word to the wise, when you get your third party case(s) & your phone, make sure you know where the important holes in the phone are & verify that the case doesn't cover them. I saw reports today that there are some people getting their 5x cases only to find that they cover the main mic. Oops...

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
All dressed and nowhere to go ... received the case. Still need the phone.

You can see the 6P is longer than the Note II - The width is about the same. It's noticeably thinner. Fits real good in my hand and the fingerprint scanner will be right where my index fingertip sits...

n2vp6_1_zpsqlh10ipg.jpg

n2vp6_2_zpsdputecnn.jpg

But I think there is an issue, just looked on Amazon to remember the name of this case and the case I got doesn't appear the same as the images, I didn't get the hard bezel the goes around the edge. I'll have to check the trash when I get home, but you think I would have noticed that.

81x4ZA4iO8L._SL1500_.jpg

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm kinda glad the cases I ordered aren't shipping for another week or two. I don't want them first. I'm still not convinced I'll put them on, other than to check the fit in case I need to make any complaints or returns.