Official Galaxy Nexus Specs Unveiled Ahead of Event

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on making really large prints from your phone or something that you need all 8mp? If so you might be better off with an actual camera. But Samsung's camera's are comparable to Apple's (I love how Sony is making the sensors in the 4S).
The camera isnt a selling point for me so even if it was a .0000009 mp camera id be satisfied as long as the specs i desire are their.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The camera isnt a selling point for me so even if it was a .0000009 mp camera id be satisfied as long as the specs i desire are their.
Well I think 5mp is adequate for a smartphone if the quality is good too. And Samsung is known for good quality. It's not like anyone is going to be making any large prints from the pictures off their phone. We all know most pictures will either be emailed to friends and family or put on facebook.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that wasn't the 4470?
The 4470 i think really was delayed. I dout they wold under clock a 1.8 ghz cpu to 1.2 ghz but it could happen. It would be so amazing if it did. Lean towards the 4460, which was highly rumored.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I think 5mp is adequate for a smartphone if the quality is good too. And Samsung is known for good quality. It's not like anyone is going to be making any large prints from the pictures off their phone. We all know most pictures will either be emailed to friends and family or put on facebook.
I taken a couple pics with my D1 but you can count them on one hands for the past two years. its cool to have but i just dont take pics.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well I guess TI got it out sooner than expected unless they are just using an overclocked 4430.

Well, Google did pick them for the lead CPU for ICS. So maybe they worked overtime on it. Since it is kind of a big deal they were chosen.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 4470 i think really was delayed. I dout they wold under clock a 1.8 ghz cpu to 1.2 ghz but it could happen. It would be so amazing if it did. Lean towards the 4460, which was highly rumored.
The 4460 is clocked at 1.5GHz according to TI

For the outdoors people?
Couldn't just check the weather? What do you really need a barometer for??? How's it really going to help you? I just think it's weird, that's all.

I taken a couple pics with my D1 but you can count them on one hands for the past two years. its cool to have but i just dont take pics.
You made prints off the D1 camera? interesting.

VTX

Reaction score
A barometer is great for ballistic apps. Pressure makes a big difference for long range shooting.