OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

fondren

Reaction score
Droidx no auto space in browser and maps/nav locks up phone

My Droidx will not auto space in the search bar in the Google Browser. I cannot get rid of the red indicator on the lock. It auto spaces o.k. everywhere but the browser.

I also cannot use the Google Maps app without the phone freezing and being completely unresponsive. I must remove the battery and reboot the Droidx in order to return it to operation.

I would sure like to see a fix to both of these problems. I otherwise love the phone. I am on the Verizon system in the Dallas area. I have the GB update, and the latest maps downloaded. I also had the map trouble before the GB update, so I don't think that is the problem. The browser auto space came with the GB update.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then, after buying $180 in accessories, they agreed to send me another type of phone. when I opened the box it was a droid incredible . Kinda like going from a roomy Mercedes to a Mazda miata but it worked good..just not what I paid for. So I sent it back and I made it very clear that that was an insult to my investment . along came the samsung fascinate . No hdmi, no hotspot, only 5 mpx camera, no nothing really. Sent that one back also. All seven Droid x phones rebooted several times a day. I tried new SD card, new battery, new gmail acct, Factory reset, format sd card, deleting every app, EVERYTHING! Nothing helped. I HATE MOTOROLA because of this. I already used up two upgrades on this bologna and have hit a wall. Gonna shop ATT and sprint tomorrow. Any advice?

The Droid Incredible was probably a step up in reality. HTC makes better phones

sent from my ApeX

kennyc

Reaction score
Then, after buying $180 in accessories, they agreed to send me another type of phone. when I opened the box it was a droid incredible . Kinda like going from a roomy Mercedes to a Mazda miata but it worked good..just not what I paid for. So I sent it back and I made it very clear that that was an insult to my investment . along came the samsung fascinate . No hdmi, no hotspot, only 5 mpx camera, no nothing really. Sent that one back also. All seven Droid x phones rebooted several times a day. I tried new SD card, new battery, new gmail acct, Factory reset, format sd card, deleting every app, EVERYTHING! Nothing helped. I HATE MOTOROLA because of this. I already used up two upgrades on this bologna and have hit a wall. Gonna shop ATT and sprint tomorrow. Any advice?

sent from my ApeX

I think you are right, now that I've had my droidx almost a year and this Xoom for several months..... looking at moving to HTC Thunderbolt...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

sent from my ApeX

I think you are right, now that I've had my droidx almost a year and this Xoom for several months..... looking at moving to HTC Thunderbolt...

Funny thing is, I never had an issue with my jailbroken iPod touch... my mom has an LG Ally which she has abused and even dropped in the toilet, yet it still has never needed anything.

My HDMI port doesn't work on any rom or Android version, whether it is stock Froyo or GB...

sent from my ApeX

kadyxbabe

Reaction score
freezing after update

my droid x updated automatically and right after it will reboot but if i try to navigate through the main menu pages the screen goes blank blue and nothing comes up and the navigational buttons on the bottom no longer work. What do i do to fix this ?!?!?!? help!!! :icon_eek:

tjplace

Reaction score
gb problems

I had same problem . The phone LOOKED like it was done with the update, but actually needs about an hour to finish. Just take out the battery for a couple minutes, reinstall. Turn on phone, WALK AWAY!! Do not touch the phone for at least an hour! Then it will be fully installed. I still had lots of problems, biggest being the battery life was cut in half or less. Couldn't hold a charge for 4 hours! useless... Touch screen was out of wack and various other issues. After verizon sent me 2 "like new" droid x, I bit the bullet and did a factory reset, wiping the phone and reinstalling everything on the original while waiting for the "new" ones. That took care of it. Battery now lasts 1.5-2 days! Touch screen and everything else seems fixed. This was done 1.5 weeks ago. I sent the "new" ones back to verizon. I did have one day where the phone rebooted itself a couple times, don't know what that was about. Keeping an eye on that! GOOD LUCK :motdroidvert:

jlghertner

Reaction score
FlexT9 keyboard "swypes" a lot better than swype. It costs a few bucks but works well on my droid x. A much better keyboard in general.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only issue on my DX is the reboot issue, where it just reboots itself randomly even when I am not using the phone. Had it since Day 1, doesn't matter what OS I run, same thing as the TBolt reboot issue.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Yes I'm having similar problems but they go a step further. I'll take a video, go to play it back, and get a message that says video cannot be played. Not compatible with device.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yep! I just spoke those words this week. I LOVE my previous moto products but my DX is very disappointing now that it has been updated. I wont keep this phone for long.

I felt so foolish driving yesterday with the battery cover off my phone just so I could pick up GPS satellites.

That shouldn't be...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Moving on up.

I am very disappointed about my x after the software upgrade (downgrade). I went from the pos Blackberry Storm up to the Motorola X and now upgrading to the IPHONE. They forced me to do it. I need a smart phone that works, not a buggy hobby phone that always needs attention like my Storm did. What a bummer!

kennyc

Reaction score
I seem to keep losing my ability to send text messages after the recent upgrade. Never had that issue before. I don't sent/receive that many text messages, but it will just randomly stop sending and I have to power down and back up and then it works fine.

lizloves101

Reaction score
Problems with Droid X GPS receiver

I've been having problems with the GPS receiver on my Droid X, I turn on the GPS in settings and my quick settings app, and both say that GPS is on, although the GPS icon does not appear in the notification bar. I tried a GPS anyliser and it picked up nothing, every stat was 0, even though the GPS was on. I also tried to use navigation to make sure, and couldent find any satilites even when I got sattilite reception everywhere before. Tried rebooting my phone and taking the battery out; and I've tried all this multiple times, in multiple locations, and no luck! Has anyone had this problem before? Can anyone help me?,
Thanks,
Liz

shochman

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with gps reception as well, ever since i applied the latest update. It takes about 10 minutes to connect when i am using navigation.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums