OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

melonline

Reaction score
Update

Both phones are doing fine; our "problem" was related to an update of the system. Other phones exhibited the same issue but are all fine too; no problems since the update.

spicyhambone

Reaction score
SD Card missing - won't reformat

I tried searching this thread, but I didn't see anything about my specific problem. Apologies if this has already been covered...

My Droid X, sitting quietly on the counter, lost its SD card. I picked it up and saw a warning. "Blank SD card. SD card blank or has unsupported file system."

If I touch that warning, a window pops up to Format SD card. Nothing happens if I touch the Format button.

Obviously, I have to go to Verizon and have them order me a new one. Is there another resolution for this problem? Maybe a way to bring my SD card back to life?

Other than that, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

If this helps, I use LauncherPro and Widget Locker. I am careful about which apps I download, as well. Lookout says my apps are all safe, but maybe that doesn't mean much. Thanks, everyone.

Last edited:

PurpleViper

Reaction score
Sounds like the SD card maybe bad. Have you tried to remove the card and reinsert it? Have you gone into the Storage settings and tried to unmount it?

D4ve

Reaction score
It is a bad SD card. The stock cards have known issues. Mine did the same thing. Once verizon replaced it with the Sandisk card, I have had no problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nbbforrest

Reaction score
sd card

have not had the card issue as stated yet???? upgraded to the x2 does anyone have any issues? as far as safe surfing goes i downloaded the avg avntivirus app and it works real good. have it alos loaded on all home pc's works great.

spicyhambone

Reaction score
sd card problem - update

I went into my local Verizon office this morning. They tried swapping the SD card, but that wouldn't mount or format either. So it sounds like the port is the problem, not the card. Maybe the card failed and fried the port, who knows.

Now I have to call 1-800-483-7356 and tell them my problem. The lady at the store said they'd probably send me a brand new phone right away. That's pretty great, because I really wanted to set up my phone from scratch again. dancedroid

I have to wait a little longer to call them, as my name is not the primary on our Verizon plan. I'll let the forum know what happens next. I'm really hoping that the SD card will work in a new phone.

PurpleViper

Reaction score
Email Sync

Is there a way to make different email accounts sync at differed times or not at all? I have work email and two personal email accounts, it wold be nice if the work email only would sync during non work hours for example.

chasman

Reaction score
reading my comcast emails and a little triangle with an exclamation point and the droid dude locked up the screen. wouldn't shut off. finally the power off reset it . Any idea of what happened?Phone seems to be okay after it rebooted. I got the new GB at 3:00 Am in Pennsylvania.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You were in the stock recovery for some reason. Its all good

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ninatheberry

Reaction score
they sent me 7 refurbs. (yes SEVEN) since february.

Updates:
DX #3 rebooted 2-5+ times a day and produced lines in the middle of the screen while jumpily scrolling.

DX #4 had white halo in the middle of the lower half of the screen, where obviously the previous owner had pushed on screen too hard, or sat on it.

Anyone know how many bad "certified" DX's one has to go through before they can change make or models? This is insane.

-What are we paying them for again?

I hope u have more success than I did;(

ninatheberry

Reaction score
Then, after buying $180 in accessories, they agreed to send me another type of phone. when I opened the box it was a droid incredible . Kinda like going from a roomy Mercedes to a Mazda miata but it worked good..just not what I paid for. So I sent it back and I made it very clear that that was an insult to my investment . along came the samsung fascinate . No hdmi, no hotspot, only 5 mpx camera, no nothing really. Sent that one back also. All seven Droid x phones rebooted several times a day. I tried new SD card, new battery, new gmail acct, Factory reset, format sd card, deleting every app, EVERYTHING! Nothing helped. I HATE MOTOROLA because of this. I already used up two upgrades on this bologna and have hit a wall. Gonna shop ATT and sprint tomorrow. Any advice?

Last edited:

risingqef

Reaction score
GingerBread Upgrade/Email Account Problem!

Hey all, upgraded to gingerbread a few days ago. The non-gmail email account that I had listed as my default is still processing emails, etc; but when I go looking for it in the account list, I can't find it. I can't readd it because it says its already there. Any ideas about how to solve?

UPDATE: Just cleared the cache, no effect.

Last edited:

harryj

Reaction score
Still feel the in call headset speaker volume it way too low.
The Storm 1 was similar originally, was subsequently fixed with update.
Can't the X be addressed??