[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

jleachma

Reaction score
so is the superclean EB01 deodexed? Reason I ask is because I tried to install the midnight v4.0 theme and it hung up on the samsung boot logo. Thanks.
yes its deodexed...update to SC v2.4 with the 5Lock mod and then apply the newest Midnight 5Lock mod theme

I had SC 2.4 and midnight 4 last time, I'll try it again and see what happens. Thanks for the quick response.

jleachma

Reaction score
I got it, ended up having to use EB01 Midnight/Steel Blue V1.2SE Multi Lock Mod and Custom Screen Animation.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
So no matter what ROM I'm running, OTA updates will completely unroot me if I don't have a permanent root? I didn't know that. I thought rooting negated the possibility of updates, not just prevented notifications..

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So no matter what ROM I'm running, OTA updates will completely unroot me if I don't have a permanent root? I didn't know that. I thought rooting negated the possibility of updates, not just prevented notifications..
it depends on whether or not the DEV has coded it to not accept updates, notifications etc...i believe it has to do with the build prop...

But yes if you get a notification and accept it realistically Clockwork should abort the install, if in some rare case the stock recovery is still in place on your phone and it installs it will unroot you...

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
it depends on whether or not the DEV has coded it to not accept updates, notifications etc...i believe it has to do with the build prop...

But yes if you get a notification and accept it realistically Clockwork should abort the install, if in some rare case the stock recovery is still in place on your phone and it installs it will unroot you...

Hmm. I'm running Super_Clean_2_4nv with I think the same cwm-recovery-ALL.tar I got from you.

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hmm. I'm running Super_Clean_2_4nv with I think the same cwm-recovery-ALL.tar I got from you.

ok then you shouldnt have any issues...i do not recieve update notifications and even if I/you accepted them CWMR will abort the install so no harm will be done...
Since we are running EB01 our phone shouldnt recieve any OTA notification because our software/firmware is more up to date than vzw's updates

xcoryedgex

Reaction score

ok then you shouldnt have any issues...i do not recieve update notifications and even if I/you accepted them CWMR will abort the install so no harm will be done...
Since we are running EB01 our phone shouldnt recieve any OTA notification because our software/firmware is more up to date than vzw's updates

Okay cool. I've never even heard of a cwm recovery accepting an upgrade. Glad to get that cleared up lol thank you.

dricacho

Reaction score
I Odin'd the EB01DB_DXC.tar and everything went smoothly. My phone was up and running in a couple of minutes. However, when I rebooted into recovery I got the Android System Recover 2E (blue). When I selected APPLY SDCARD:UPDATE.ZIP, it goes to the CWM (red) v2.5.1.x then shows:

E:Missing bitmap progress_empty
(Code -1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill
(Code -1)
CWM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

I had CWM (red) prior to this. I did download and copy the update.zip file (in the first post) into the sdcard.

Last edited:

Schoat333

Reaction score
I just got my wife the fascinate yesterday, and I've been wanting an easy way to root, and get a bloatware free Froyo on it. Thanks for this!

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I Odin'd the EB01DB_DXC.tar and everything went smoothly. My phone was up and running in a couple of minutes. However, when I rebooted into recovery I got the Android System Recover 2E (blue). When I selected APPLY SDCARD:UPDATE.ZIP, it goes to the CWM (red) v2.5.1.x then shows:

E:Missing bitmap progress_empty
(Code -1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill
(Code -1)
CWM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

I had CWM (red) prior to this. I did download and copy the update.zip file (in the first post) into the sdcard.
thats normal...mine shows that too

phoenix927

Reaction score
First of all. Thank you for this!!! I was getting ready to go through the LONG process of doing this by transferring to sd card and running cw.... And then I find this. So much easier to just use Odin.
Anyway I have a question. I installed the Super Clean and it works great, but I have Launcher Pro Plus bc I like the widgets. When I try to unlock Launcher Pro using my unlock code (and I have gotten the unlock code resent to me to be sure I have the right one) Launcher Pro says I have unlocked the Plus version but then after reset it goes back to the free one. Any ideas??? Should I use the deodexed version instead or do you think this is an issue unrelated to the Super Clean Version?

Thanks

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got my wife the fascinate yesterday, and I've been wanting an easy way to root, and get a bloatware free Froyo on it. Thanks for this!
glad this helped you...trying to make it as easy as possible for people to enjoy the Fascinate

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
First of all. Thank you for this!!! I was getting ready to go through the LONG process of doing this by transferring to sd card and running cw.... And then I find this. So much easier to just use Odin.
Anyway I have a question. I installed the Super Clean and it works great, but I have Launcher Pro Plus bc I like the widgets. When I try to unlock Launcher Pro using my unlock code (and I have gotten the unlock code resent to me to be sure I have the right one) Launcher Pro says I have unlocked the Plus version but then after reset it goes back to the free one. Any ideas??? Should I use the deodexed version instead or do you think this is an issue unrelated to the Super Clean Version?

Thanks
Honestly I dont see how SuperClean could have anything to do with the LauncherPro not unlocking, there's nothing that could affect that in the Rom
Im on the same setup and mine is fine...I suggest rebooting the phone, then enter email you used when you purchased it and the unlock code they provided you with....if its accepted it will ask you to restart LauncherPro, hit yes.......whn it restarts go to a blank screen and try to apply a LauncherPro widget......

mfinlay04

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with the update.zip file in the original post. When I download our from megaupload the file size its only 21kb not the 1.3mb that it should and attempting to flash the update.zip it said bad signature. Any ideas our different sources for the file?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App