[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

millwood

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance here.........so I need to create a Google account on my phone to sync my apps, contacts, etc. From there I would need to use ODIN to take my phone EB01 rooted and then make a backup from there. So I would have a backup of the EB01 "stock" rather than my EB28 stock.

Once I am rooted and EB01 installed then I need to SYNC to Google and reinstall apps etc. So if I want a backup of my EB28 I need to root that first and make a backup of that. This would take me back to stock as it is now in case I needed it in the future? I know there are programs I am going to need to root and to backup, is there a program I need for recovery? Sorry for all the questions.......new to the android phone thing.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance here.........so I need to create a Google account on my phone to sync my apps, contacts, etc. From there I would need to use ODIN to take my phone EB01 rooted and then make a backup from there. So I would have a backup of the EB01 "stock" rather than my EB28 stock.

Once I am rooted and EB01 installed then I need to SYNC to Google and reinstall apps etc. So if I want a backup of my EB28 I need to root that first and make a backup of that. This would take me back to stock as it is now in case I needed it in the future? I know there are programs I am going to need to root and to backup, is there a program I need for recovery? Sorry for all the questions.......new to the android phone thing.
yes in order to make a backup of your current EB28 2.1 stock rom you will have to root it, flash a Clockworkmod Recovery file through ODIN and make a backup of your current setup that way....BUT....once you swap to 2.2 it uses a different(though the same) modded CWM recovery that you wont be able to restore that EB28 backup with...see what im saying....you would have to reflash the old CWM recovery you had prior to upgrading to Froyo and wipe wipe wipe and restore EB28, though i have no clue why your wanting to go to all this trouble....EB01 is perfect for the most part, perfectly stable and what this phone should be running...period

As far as GOOGLE goes, theres no point to having a Google phone if you dont have a gmail address/password to take advantage of the services and perks Google offers on the Google phones....such as cloud syncing, auto-restore apps, settings, contacts etc....thats what makes a Google phone so awesome......

Moving on......once you have updated to the current EB01 Rom/modem/modded Froyo CWM revcovery through this thread you will be running the most recent software/firmware available....if for some reason you want to return to a previous build, such as, DL01, DJ05, DL09, DL30 or stock EB01 etc....you can easily search and download the ODIN files that will return you to out of the box builds with or without root

millwood

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info......I am sure I will have more questions as I get ready to do this, but this is great. I fully understand the different version of CWM for EB28 and EB01.

So basically all the info and items I need to download are right here on the first page of this thread. I just need to find the latest version of Odin and the latest CWM file so I can flash that through Odin?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info......I am sure I will have more questions as I get ready to do this, but this is great. I fully understand the different version of CWM for EB28 and EB01.

So basically all the info and items I need to download are right here on the first page of this thread. I just need to find the latest version of Odin and the latest CWM file so I can flash that through Odin?

All those are in the OP here....ODIN is linked there and the EB01 ODIN files will flash the EB01 modem/radio, EB01 kernel, modded compatible CWM recovery and rooted EB01 Rom all at once....one package, doesnt get any easier

just follow the posted instructions and in 20min you'll be good to go

millwood

Reaction score
OK, so I have been trying to find all afternoon how to Sync with Google that it remembers my apps and my contacts. I have an account, but cannot figure out how to sync this info. Can someone help me through this or point me in the right direction to read how to do this? I want to get this figured out so I can move on to rooting this thing and getting to EB01. Thank you for your time and patience.

Last edited:

Nolenm

Reaction score
Ok I just did this update and now there is a ota update...what update would this be?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Markmm24

Reaction score
Hi guys I've had my fascinate for about 2 months.i have no idea what a ROM is or what clockwork is.but if I follow the directions in the first post would I be ok or should I go do some research or something?i really dont wanna mess this up.Thanks!

millwood

Reaction score
NolenM, from everything I have read do not do the update. You will lose your root and there is no need for it if you are already on EB01. I do believe that it is the EB28 update they are pushing to the phones.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Hi guys I've had my fascinate for about 2 months.i have no idea what a ROM is or what clockwork is.but if I follow the directions in the first post would I be ok or should I go do some research or something?i really dont wanna mess this up.Thanks!

You will be fine. Technically you will void your warranty. But you can always return to stock by using odin and a stock file. This is the easiest way to get froyo on your phone today.
I would never recommend doing anything you don't understand though. Reading is your friend:)

Sent from my voodoo froyo

millwood

Reaction score
The EB28 is not froyo it is the service update to dl09 that repairs the 911 emergency stuff.

Markmm24

Reaction score
I got that update and I have EA28 not EB28.am I missing something?

millwood

Reaction score
My mistake, it is the EA28 update. If you have rooted and installed EB01 then you do not need the update, but your phone is asking for it cause it is showing the phone as not having it. This is just from what I have read. Ignore the update if you have already installed EB01. If you install it, you will lose root.