[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

Jerome900

Reaction score
So im guessing since u have to redownload the apps u lose where your at for games and saved data for other programs or is it still the same after u download them

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
is the 2.4 SC a voodoo or non

If I'm correct there is a voodoo and non voodoo. Personally I chose the non voodoo because I heard it's less buggy.. Mine is super_clean_2_4nv

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

scionracer

Reaction score
i was refering to this one that is packaged here thanks for the quick reply

Super Clean version 2.4 - EB01 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING -->EB01SC24_DXC.tar (Does not include boot animation so be patient while it loads)

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
i was refering to this one that is packaged here thanks for the quick reply

Super Clean version 2.4 - EB01 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING -->EB01SC24_DXC.tar (Does not include boot animation so be patient while it loads)

The link tapout gave for the original post on android central had voodoo and non voodoo. As far as what is here I'm not sure. Wish I could be more helpful.

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

donaldj68

Reaction score
So another new reader that wants a helping hand ,if needed

Well.. thanks to all before me that have given me the confidence to start the downloading process from the above instructions and get my phone into a better place (Froyo here I come)

But as usual.. some quick questions

1) Do I have any reason to backup a stock phone that has only had the standard Verizon provided updates?? I assume that all my contacts will be ok due to Verizon (or Google??) services.. I don't have any data on the machine yet (been downloading lots of programs but nothing I needed to have any data attached to)

2) I downloaded the following files to my PC from the instructions : Update.zip (How do I place this on the sd card??)
SC ver 2.4 (It says to extract this on my PC?? so my file reads EB01SC24_DXC.tar.md5 and is 353,291KB Is this the file I will point Odin to during the steps outlined ??)
Odin (Nothing to do with this download but execute at appropriate time??)

3) Anything else a newbie might slip up on?

Thanks for the answers and your help and support

Don J

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
1 no u dont have to backup the stock rom u have

2 yes thats the file that goes in the PDA section in ODIN

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plug in your phone as mass storage device and put the update.zip on the root of your sd card

Jerome900

Reaction score
Do u have to have installed the samsung drivers for your phone to b recognized

Schoat333

Reaction score
So im guessing since u have to redownload the apps u lose where your at for games and saved data for other programs or is it still the same after u download them

That is correct. This is a great reason to have root. Titanium backup will save your app and data to the sd card. That way, you can reload the backup after flashing a rom.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do u have to have installed the samsung drivers for your phone to b recognized

yep....drivers, check unknown sources in menu/settings/applications and check USB debugging in menu/settings/applications/development
also check mass storage in USB settings in menu/settings

Last edited:

Schoat333

Reaction score
Just noticed a problem when I tried to open the camera. It says a firmware upgrade is needed and wont open. I said no of course, but then it just keep asking everytime you open the camera. What should I do?

I used the Debloated version of EB01 in your original post.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Accept the update. It is normal. It just updates the camera, nothing else.

Sent from my voodoo froyo

Jerome900

Reaction score
I downloaded the update.zip with my phone to my card, is there a certain place I should out that file or is just downloading it directly to the card with my phone ok

hoppermi

Reaction score
I downloaded the update.zip with my phone to my card, is there a certain place I should out that file or is just downloading it directly to the card with my phone ok

You need to take it out of the download folder and place it on the root (not in any folder)

Sent from my voodoo froyo