Nothing new...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I kinda agree with you, that we kinda got cheated with ICS.. I don't think we'll be receiving any updates until ICS comes out, and I'm sorry to say this but I don't think we're going to be getting ICS until 2013. Even though it says Q3 or Q4 on the roster, if everything on the roster went according to plan, we would have had ICS a month ago.

How? No one said anything about any specific timeframe, except for Google. And Google's statement was that it was capable of being ported to all modern devices within 6 months. Not that it WOULD be. Their statement assumed a straight port of the Nexus code with no optimized applications frameworks - just the necessary proprietary hardware drivers. And then, because a Bionic is not a Nexus device, you still have carrier optimizations to add. It all takes time.

In the end, whether or not we got "cheated" remains to be seen. If the ICS release is junk, then we got cheated. If they took the additional time and provide us with a nice, stable, fast OS; then it is worth waiting for.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the end, whether or not we got "cheated" remains to be seen. If the ICS release is junk, then we got cheated. If they took the additional time and provide us with a nice, stable, fast OS; then it is worth waiting for.

That's true. First we see "WHY DON'T WE HAVE ICS FOR THE BIONIC??!!! :mad:" posts and then we'll see "I HATE ICS ON MY BIONIC!!! :mad::mad:" posts.

welsalex

Reaction score
I'd like to know where it says RAZR gets ICS Q2...... Last I knew Motos page had ALL phones in the "evaluation and planning" phase.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

hoghunter

Reaction score
Ha...

Ya`ll keep cryn about the bionic, I came from a droid pro...now that was a POS!! Now I see they are going to do a big update on it! I love my bionic for the most part, the camera still sucks. I do hope if we all live long enough to get ics I sure hope it isnt buggy. I also have a zoom...could be a real nice pad but there arent many decent apps, an basicaly No updates at all! O well..

Tonik

Reaction score
I'd like to know where it says RAZR gets ICS Q2...... Last I knew Motos page had ALL phones in the "evaluation and planning" phase.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

And that is what it still says. All US phones have no date and are on eval.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been around since the original Droid came out and I really don't care when we get Ice Cream Sandwich. You know wyh? Every update I've ever received on any device I've owned, including Blackberry has always never failed to underwhelm me.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I was actually pretty excited about Froyo when I got it on my Eris, but I totally see where you're coming from hook. I don't see why everybody is so up in arms over ICS, we were promised nothing about it. They have ROMs out, maybe they're not perfect but I'll be damned if the official product is perfect when it's released as well! And Bionic still doesn't have a timeframe, that doesn't mean it won't be till next year like so many are wont to assume.

I'll say this, I traded my Bionic for a Rezound....and I definitely miss things about my Bionic. Especially the screen. Wow, I did not truly appreciate the outdoor capabilities of that phone till I had this one. I can hardly see my Rezound in even modest sunlight, whereas on a bright and shiny day my Bionic, though maybe a little dark, was completely readable. No need to shift angle when standing under a light or worry about glare. I also liked the feel more. In fact, other than what's the same, I liked almost everything about the Bionic more except the data issues. Unfortunately that's pretty much the lifeblood of a smartphone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was actually pretty excited about Froyo when I got it on my Eris, but I totally see where you're coming from hook. I don't see why everybody is so up in arms over ICS, we were promised nothing about it. They have ROMs out, maybe they're not perfect but I'll be damned if the official product is perfect when it's released as well! And Bionic still doesn't have a timeframe, that doesn't mean it won't be till next year like so many are wont to assume.

I'll say this, I traded my Bionic for a Rezound....and I definitely miss things about my Bionic. Especially the screen. Wow, I did not truly appreciate the outdoor capabilities of that phone till I had this one. I can hardly see my Rezound in even modest sunlight, whereas on a bright and shiny day my Bionic, though maybe a little dark, was completely readable. No need to shift angle when standing under a light or worry about glare. I also liked the feel more. In fact, other than what's the same, I liked almost everything about the Bionic more except the data issues. Unfortunately that's pretty much the lifeblood of a smartphone.

It's the nature of the beast. I had people tell me constantly that the D2 was never going to see Gingerbread and you know what? Just like I said the D2 got Gingerbread. It did take some time though, I think maybe 2 months later I got the Bionic.

reminon

Reaction score
Nothing new... i am almost ready to give up here... great work starting roms and etc though... no one has really been following through with anything though...

The team over Droid hive are highly active with there roms and are following through. You were not forced to pay for the phone, there are many happy bionic owners. I use axi0m as my daily driver. If you can do better than others then prove it. The devs are giving us rom in there free time. Complaining only gives them more of a reason to not provide public builds. And verizon/moto/google will go by their schedule regardless.

My351

Reaction score
The devs are giving us rom in there free time. Complaining only gives them more of a reason to not provide public builds. And verizon/moto/google will go by their schedule regardless

+1

dags5000

Reaction score
Wanna know what I hate? Wasting 300 dollars on an amazing device and support stops almost immediately as the nexus comes out...

Nothing new... i am almost ready to give up here... great work starting roms and etc though... no one has really been following through with anything though...

Learn to code and lend a hand instead of moaning that devs arent doing cool stuff for you for free

DrJay

Reaction score
It was announced that the bionic is on the official verizon release list for Android 4.0 as Motorola finishes up the code..... You already have the best hardware available, when the official push comes any dev with time invested in 2.x or hacking leaked ics builds will have to start over anyway. Patience is a virtue.... ;)

Sent from my bionic using my fingers...