Nothing new...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by spooner2007, Mar 15, 2012.

1. spooner2007

spooner2007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wanna know what I hate? Wasting 300 dollars on an amazing device and support stops almost immediately as the nexus comes out...

Nothing new... i am almost ready to give up here... great work starting roms and etc though... no one has really been following through with anything though...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I got myself all jacked up about this too awhile back... but... it is what it is yo... I've learned from this mistake and i won't be buying anything from motorola again based on a promise about unlocking bootloaders... untill then i'm enjoying the reduced prices on accessories... the lapdock is sweet and the hdmi dock with remote has come in huge for presentations at work... all the iPhone 4s users at the shop completely hate me when they see what this thing can do in the hands of an educated user... i'll roll with that for awhile and make a more educated decision next upgrade... live and learn bro... live and learn...

3. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I kinda agree with you, that we kinda got cheated with ICS.. I don't think we'll be receiving any updates until ICS comes out, and I'm sorry to say this but I don't think we're going to be getting ICS until 2013. Even though it says Q3 or Q4 on the roster, if everything on the roster went according to plan, we would have had ICS a month ago.

My bet? We may have a total of 3 updates from now until the end of 2014.

4. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Motorola updated their timeline and it doesn't even say Q3 or Q4 for bionic... so i think that's right about ICS ... might not even be this year... what a shame for the people who fell for all this hype... why doesn't moto realize they could solve all this by unlocking the bootloader... let the devs do all the dirty work... solve all the data problems... create the new roms... end up with a huge internet buzz of happy customers... and get some credibility back... just blows my freekin mind

5. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yup. Now I'm pissed because you pointed that out. Our brother phone, the RAZR, which came out what, a month AFTER the Bionic, has a CONFIRMED time frame to expect the update—QUARTER 2. Bionic is still in evaluation. Motorola, I'm refraining from cussing because I agreed to to a ToS when I registered for this website, but you are messed up. You need counseling. I've loved your company and your phones, my first phone was a Samsung flip phone, my second was a terrific Motorola flip, my third was a crappy LG phone, and my 4th was my Droid 1 (may he rest in peace), and this phone has been a good phone, but YOU, Motorola, are starting to get on my nerves.

6. mikespe

mikespe Member

Ratings:
    +5
    WOW! I was just about to post this same topic. I am so disappointed not only with Motorola but with Google & verizon for not pushing ICS out faster. Google should be giving manufacturers timelines & they need to follow them. I too will not be purchasing another motorola product. To be honest I just purchased an iPad 2 about 2 months ago to use at work. I'm a teacher & we use them to teach the kids & I wanted to update myself on the iPads. I will say, when it comes to polishing an OS, Apple is right on the mark. definitely not as much character as Android but it runs almost flawlessly.

Android is way too fragmented with all the manufacturers making Android products. I think Google needs to drop all but maybe 2-3 manufacturers. That would make the OS more stable, less issues with updates...PLUS as an added incentive to manufacturers...if they drop the ball like motorola has then there are other companies to take their place...they would HAVE to keep everything running smoothly & customers happy...or else they lose the Google contract...

7. timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes Member

Ratings:
    +1
    There is AKIOM/AOKP, MIUI, Eclipse, CM9 and Gummy, all of which are relatively new.

8. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    CM9?? WHERE?? sign me up... i'll buy it right now

9. timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes Member

Ratings:
    +1
  10. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Bummer... i thought we were talking real CM9... i know about these beta knockoffs that aren't working right yet... i can't afford to lose that much functionality just for my phone to look like ICS... but they're getting there slowly but surely...

11. timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Everything is functional except flash for videos. But thats why you use safestrap

12. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I just read all the lists of things that aren't functioning fully yet... no big deal but i use this phone for work... presentations... lapdock... hdmi dock bluetooth keyboard, mouse etc... i need 100% or it's a no go for awhile till they iron things out... safestrap is all good but it's a hassle just to play around with a rom... i can wait

#12 b00mb00mchuck, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012