HELP! Unknown Msg Downloads

deborah3756

Reaction score
I keep receiving these spam msgs in my notification alerts. These spam are not via txts they come straight to my notification in my status bar. How do I stop this?

I didn't sign up for anything yet they just started coming.

I ran a security scan and Lookout found nothing.

What gives? Anyone out there know.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stop installing free apps that use Airpush advertising, or put up with the Ads.

Download "Airpush detector" to find out which apps are doing this. I personally prefer them to in-app advertising.

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Stop installing free apps that use Airpush advertising, or put up with the Ads.

Download "Airpush detector" to find out which apps are doing this. I personally prefer them to in-app advertising.

I found the problem.

It was Dolphin Browser. It sends notifications of "junk" to me. I disabled the problem.

I will download Airpush and do more investigating.

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
deborah3756 said:
I found the problem.

It was Dolphin Browser. It sends notifications of "junk" to me. I disabled the problem.

I will download Airpush and do more investigating.

I was wrong! I downloaded Airpush and found it was an app I had down loaded. It's gone now!

THANKS!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes though, the app is worth it enough to put up with Airpush. It's a tradeoff, because MOST free apps use some sort of advertising. In some cases, it's on screen ads (like Angry Birds) - and in cases like this, they can be very obtrusive. In the case of Airpush, they are delivered to a spot where they don't take up in-app screen real estate, and Airpush ads seem to cause less of a performance hit.

I've actually done a bit of reading about Airpush, and it seems like a mighty nice deal for developers. It allows them to offer free apps, and still get paid. It doesn't cost them anything to sign up, either, unlike some mobile advertising companies.

Mobile Ads Redefined | Push Notification ad network | Android app monetization

Click on "I'm a Developer" and read up on it, you will find out why it is becoming relatively widespread.