Decisions Decisions.....what should I doooo???? VZW offered any other phone!!

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Bionic, now before I get started let me say that my experience with this phone hasn't been that bad. I am however on my third phone due to headphone jack issues and speaker malfunctions. Disappearing applications, and warping. Yes, my last phone warped so bad it stuck off the table in the end almost 1/4" before I returned it. Now I know this seems like a lot, but the problems never stopped phone calls, texts, emails, etc. It still worked as a phone. Before Verizon replaced the last phone they told me that if I have any other issues regarding the new phone, to call immediately and they will let me choose another device. I asked, and i quote "any device?" to which the rep replied "any! We are sorry for all of your complications!" And sure enough, friggin' popping noise in my ear once again with the headphone jack. Sooooooo, what to do what to do. My wife has a Rezound which is smooth as silk, my friend has a razor...cool phone but i don't know if it's for me, and I have no idea what the Nexus is like. Does anyone have a good comparison of all 3 devices to help me make my choice. No bias responses from one phone owners please. I want comparisons from people who have tried multiple phones. Don't hold back, honest opinions, and like I said, let's keep the bashing to a min.....or how about NONE!

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Everyone's experience is going to be different. I suggest you get the Nexus and see how you like it. Seeing as how you already have used the RAZR and Rezound, you know what you are getting.

I'd imagine you will have a week or so to return the nexus for something else if you find its not for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine you will have a week or so to return the nexus for something else if you find its not for you.

Usually when they offer something like this, it is a one time deal. I personally think it would be in the OP's best interest to determine which device he'd like prior to completing the transaction.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Usually when they offer something like this, it is a one time deal. I personally think it would be in the OP's best interest to determine which device he'd like prior to completing the transaction.

You may be right, but its worth asking about.

I mean he's already played with the RAZR and Rezound, so unless he absolutely loves either of them, I see no reason why he shouldn't get the Nexus.

OP, if you are in to rooting and customizing your phone to the fullest, Nexus is the way to go.

OP
steve.messer84
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I don't know, the rezound is crazy fast. This is going to be a hard decision!!! Might have to go to a verizon and mess around with a nexus for a while.

OP
steve.messer84
Reaction score
She did say that I would have a one time choice, and after that, I am stuck with the device I choose.

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
First off, sorry you've had issues with your Bionic.

Second, if it were me, I'd be torn between the Rezound and the Galaxy Nexus. Both have their pros and cons, and are great phones. I find the RAZR to be uncomfortable to hold while talking (too thin, sharp rather than rounded edges), and the non-changeable battery is also a deal-breaker.

My advice would be to not necessarily look at Android 4 too heavily in the comparison. I admit, it's a plus, but the Rezound will eventually get it, so think about making the comparison based on "What if both phones had Android 4 right now, which would I choose?"

If you're a big fan of using your phone for music, the Rezound wins. You get a really nice set of headphones, and it has an upgradeable memory card, whereas the Nexus is fixed. The only con I can truly think of is if you can't stand the HTC Sense interface. On paper, the camera also outranks the Nexus.

The Nexus has the advantage of not having as much Verizon crap locked and loaded on it. No Motoblur or HTC Sense, you get the stock Android interface, so if you're a purist, that's a plus. IMO though, those are its biggest plusses.

If both had Android 4.0 right this minute, I think the Rezound would be the winner, though I'd check some owner's forums to make sure there are no show-stopping bugs. If you're a heavy user, check stock and upgraded battery specs on both too; I don't know about the Rezound, but the Nexus' extended battery doesn't offer a lot more juice (though it assembles nicely on the unit and doesn't make it much bigger).

I like the Nexus too, mind you, but I think once the flagship phones of HTC and Motorola get Ice Cream Sandwich, there won't be a lot that makes the Nexus stand out any more. Of course, that could be 3-6 months.

OP
steve.messer84
Reaction score
Nice perspective on the subject. The truth is, I don't like sense, the razor does feel very awkward in hand, but some of the choices put into the nexus...camera, card, etc. make me wanna dive into htc. I am a purist so I am instantly drawn to the nexus. is the nexus memory card 32 in vzw's version?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love the nexus but admit its a work in progress and being you been through an ordeal with bad device you going to want something that works, especially if you not one to root and tinker. I hear out of the box the rezound is the best option for android.

wcjeep

Reaction score
The vzw nexus.is.32gb by default. I'm very happy.with the nexus. Could have easily.gone with the rezound. The deciding factor was nfc.

xptian

Reaction score
If you love to tinker, I really can't recommend the Rezound, but I really like it. I came from a D2G running cyanogenmod and I kind of miss being able to tinker, but the Rezound hasn't let me down yet so I can't complain. I don't have experience with the other phones, but judging from these forums it's very mixed opinions.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Nice perspective on the subject. The truth is, I don't like sense, the razor does feel very awkward in hand, but some of the choices put into the nexus...camera, card, etc. make me wanna dive into htc. I am a purist so I am instantly drawn to the nexus. is the nexus memory card 32 in vzw's version?

I'm sure, if it isn't already an option, you will be able to remove Sense with Root. Last I checked on the Rezound, they were having trouble getting the boot loader unlocked and I don't think there were any roms out. Again this was awhile ago, so maybe that has changed.

I own the Nexus and it is a nice phone. ICS should be the deciding factor, it really isn't all that different than GB and the Rezound will get it. The thing with my Nexus is the radio. The signal is terrible at times, I'm hoping a fix is in the near future or I myself might be looking to the Rezound. My D1 got better 3g than the Nexus.

OP
steve.messer84
Reaction score
I do root, am rooted, and loving every minute of it. I see all of the devs getting the nexus. Probably should follow that based on that alone!!!I wanna have as many options as my og droid.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I do root, am rooted, and loving every minute of it. I see all of the devs getting the nexus. Probably should follow that based on that alone!!!I wanna have as many options as my og droid.

I also am coming from the OG and my #1 priority in a new phone was dev support, thus why I waited for the Nexus and am very unlikely to switch at this point. The Rezound has support, but its nothing like what the Nexus is and will continue to be.

nomadh

Reaction score
Stall till you can get the new nvidia quad core chip with the 5th ultra low power media core.