not bricked but not good

AKmilestone

Reaction score
in short I have a short time to fix a data problem I caused...

I rooted my milestone and lost all data connection except wifi. I tried reflashing with several different SBFs and was told to build a new APN but I cant get APNs to save.

I am hoping to find a rootable SBF that is known to work on ACS (Alaska Communication Systems) but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Model A854 but now reads as follows...

Model-----Droid
firmware--2.1-update1
baseband-C_01.3E.03P
Kernel-----2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 android build@apa26 #1
build #----ESE81

as a rookie I don't understand most of this yet but I am learning...
I fly back to work Sunday and really need this back on-line before I go if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any help
Keith

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sounds like you flashed a Droid SBF onto your Milestone.

I can't be 100% on that, though, because I'd assume the bootloader would prevent such shenanigans from taking place... Hmm. I have no experience with a Milestone, unfortunately.

OP
A

AKmilestone

Reaction score
that is just the most recent I have flashed a few. I went with some droid SBFs because the instructions to get droid x into recovery was hold X while pushing power and that is how I had to get my milestone there as well... even from stock.

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
that is just the most recent I have flashed a few. I went with some droid SBFs because the instructions to get droid x into recovery was hold X while pushing power and that is how I had to get my milestone there as well... even from stock.

You are contradicting yourself. You have listed 3 devices.. None of them are the same, and each requires different instructions and files..

Please be more specific to get better directed help.

OP
A

AKmilestone

Reaction score

You are contradicting yourself. You have listed 3 devices.. None of them are the same, and each requires different instructions and files..

Please be more specific to get better directed help.

not sure where the contradiction is but it is as it says...
the info in the first post says what the phone says now.
the instructions for getting the milestone into recovery NEVER worked for my phone (camera button) only the X button as the instructions for droid x... therefore i tried SBFs for the X also not sure what is on there now but it is getting harder to get anywhere so I am looking for a different SBF that is for milestone and hopefully is known to work with ACS as I need to get my 3g back.

thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion.

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
The original Droid1 (Sholes) is Power + X to get to recovery, not the DroidX (Shadow). To get to the bootloader (to flash an SBF) its Power + D-Up.

Recovery is NOT the bootloader.

Sholes Droid1 is NOT a Milestone Droid1.

DroidX has nothing to do with any of this.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm totally confused, where did you read that booting the droid x up with the x button goes into recovery, it doesn't have a keyboard. I'm surprised that using an sbf for a different phone didn't brick yours.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
I'm totally confused, where did you read that booting the droid x up with the x button goes into recovery, it doesn't have a keyboard. I'm surprised that using an sbf for a different phone didn't brick yours.

I'm mainly confused about how he flashed an SBF through the recovery menu...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That too

OP
A

AKmilestone

Reaction score
The original Droid1 (Sholes) is Power + X to get to recovery, not the DroidX (Shadow). To get to the bootloader (to flash an SBF) its Power + D-Up.

Recovery is NOT the bootloader.

Sholes Droid1 is NOT a Milestone Droid1.

DroidX has nothing to do with any of this.

I am only saying I understand none of this so I was trying different SBFs because none of them helped me get my 3g back or allowed me to save a working APN.

so... should I look for a Sholes SBF?

OP
A

AKmilestone

Reaction score

That too

I didn't flash from recovery I was using that as an example as to how my phone acted using the commands I found on internet somewhere.
I flashed with RSD lite through bootloader

OP
A

AKmilestone

Reaction score
is there any more info I can pull off my phone to help you guys help me? I am just trying to get back going again before I have to go to work.
I do know when I got my phone I bought a Milestone it had a model # of A854. I will get any info you need if I know how or can find out.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have much knowledge about the milestone. But all I know is if I got this far down the rabbit hole I would just find the most up to date milestone sbf and flash that. Like I said though this is a little out of my area of expertise so I don't have much relevant advice...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Spaz gives good advice. Once you get the latest SBF on you should have to reactivate it, and that will give you the latest PRL; that should give you the best chance of connecting to the 3G network.

If you're still having issues once you get back from work we can try to help a little more. :)

OP
A

AKmilestone

Reaction score
Spaz gives good advice. Once you get the latest SBF on you should have to reactivate it, and that will give you the latest PRL; that should give you the best chance of connecting to the 3G network.

If you're still having issues once you get back from work we can try to help a little more. :)

I will try that... for a complete rookie what is PRL?