No Universal Inbox on homescreen = FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgladden2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is this an OS issue or a phone model and/or system software issue? There appears to be a work-around (explained below) but it doesn't work for everyone...

Nearly every feature on my Droid X (OS 2.2.1) is incredible, but this whole business of no Universal Inbox directly on the homescreen is a massive FAIL.

I tried homescreen > long-hold > shortcuts > activities > universal inbox, but on my phone, I don't get an "activities" menu, it's called "applications," and more to the point, there is no "universal inbox" listed there.

Is this really an impossibility on OS 2.2.1? I did run a system upgrade to Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US, so maybe that's why I can't do the above-listed work around. I'll return the phone for a new one if that's the case, but if it's really an impossibility, screw that, I'll get another phone. It will slow me down big time at work.

What's worse, the "Messaging" application that has the "Universal Inbox" in it, won't let you move the "Universal Inbox" icon lower, so you are forced to do a huge thumb stretch to the absolute top left of the phone for that second click to open it. LAME.

Why in god's name isn't there an option in "Messaging" to just open directly to the Universal Inbox??? This feels like a no-brainer. Why are some people able to make a manual shortcut, but my phone -- with the latest OS and system software -- doesn't offer this option?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closed due to cross posting. Please only post only in one area.

Status
Not open for further replies.