No connection to the internet?

Sprayed

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Today I bought the German version of the Milestone. After I got it I tried to connect to the internet with my SIM card in it. I couldn't connect. I went to the wireless settings and connected to my service provider (Rogers) and tried again. But still no luck. Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

OP
S

Sprayed

Reaction score
I bought it off someone who imported it form Germany. I believe it's the unbranded version. I have reset the phone 3 times, and powered it on and off. My SIM card does have internet access.

gallumbits

Reaction score
Hi,

I am from Bulgaria and I got the Milestone too. It appears that on my GSM operator the 3G settings are not automatically detected and you need to enter them manually. To do that you need to go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names. Then you need to enter your operator settings by clicking the menu button and then "New APN".
The settings that you need to enter are most probably easy to find on the internet and are specific to your operator.

Cheers.

Guja

Reaction score
A usefull program to manage your APN connection (Turn OFF and ON) after you set it up is APNDroid.

pb8185

Reaction score
I don't understand why people need an app for everything... you're going to need to change the apn once in a blue moon and an app simplifies a 4 click process to 1 click... woopdidoo