Milestone keeps rebooting

thommydz

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my Motorola Milestone wich i bought a couple weeks ago.

When I use the phone it restarts suddenly. This always happens within 5 minutes. After that restart the phone keeps restarting every minute.
The restart is not like a normal restart, the phone shows the Motorola logo, then the Android logo and then it's back on. I don't have to type in my pincode. Also, when it's back on, it says: "Checking SD card"

I really have no idea what is causing the restart. It just happens within 5 minutes when I use the phone.

I tried the following things:
- Change the SIM card
- Reset the phone
- Terminate the internet connection
- removed the SD card

All of the above things did not help. The phone is currently running on Android 2.0.1.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Regards,
Thommy

OP
T

thommydz

Reaction score
No, I'm not running a live wallpaper. In fact, I currently haven't got any extra applications installed wich run on the background.

I contacted the Motorola customers service and they also told me to update to Android 2.1. Unfortunately I have a UK version of the Milestone and for the UK version the 2.1 update isn't available yet. It probably will we in two weeks. Is there any other way wich maybe can fix this problem or do I realy have to wait 2 weeks before I can use my Milestone again?

projectrang

Reaction score
The only thing I would suggest if you have no other applications is to do a factory reset. On the droids, you go to settings, privacy, and click factory reset. Im not sure if it works the same on the milestone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got my phone (USA moto-droid) in november. Mid-january it started rebooting. I had never rooted it. I thought it might be some app but eventually tech on the phone had me to a factory reset and it didn't help. Brought it into a store and they swapped me for another phone.

When the phone went into sleep/standby mode it would reboot. If I kept the phone awake it did not. If I didn't turn the phone on after it rebooted it would reboot again.

There is no reason for you to wait 2 weeks. Bring it into the store and they will either fix it for you or give you a new one. It sounds like you did nothing to cause this.

serch.mg

Reaction score
Thommy did u fixed it??? I have the exact same freaking problem.
I already run the 2.1 version as ive just bought my milestone this week here in Peru. :$
its very frustratin also that the battery drains quickly

Tnks
sergio

OP
T

thommydz

Reaction score
Unfortunatly the phone fixing company wasn't able to fix the phone. After a long discussion they gave me a new phone.

I think it's a problem that can't be fixed, sorry.