Internet connection

gailmrhodes

Reaction score
Is there a way to connect to the internet if I don't have wireless? Can I get on the internet by connecting to my computer with usb? I'm trying to download an app from google to my droidx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How about WiFi?? Go to McDonalds or someplace like that..order a drink and hop their wifi

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Or drive until you find open Wi-Fi. Lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

One problem, I don't advise driving and paying attention to your phone. I was on my way to Houston recently and a texting driver slammed into the back of me....and in was going about 5 over the limit...

That could be you...don't do it...

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
You could 'fake' a medical problem, and see if your local clinic/hospital have WiFi, and try this, at least you would have comforting seats to relax in.
Burger King, McDonald's, and Country Kitchen have free WiFi, at least in my part of the world.
You could tether to a laptop, or use your phone's built-in connection. You can also try your local library as well.
Even many cities and towns are placing APs around to allow unlimited access from all around their cities/towns.
Download an app to locate active and open WiFi signals, such as WiFi finder or something similar from Google Play.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can also transfer files between pc/phone via bluetooth if your pc has it enabled.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could also take a large mirror, a Pringles can, a coat hanger, and car battery. I unfortunately, for legal reasons, can't tell you how to assemble it.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
You could also take a large mirror, a Pringles can, a coat hanger, and car battery. I unfortunately, for legal reasons, can't tell you how to assemble it.

A mirror would be worthless, as the glass is usually flat, not concave, to focus the RF signal on a given direction/point. You will also need to locate the focal distance of the dish, as well as the 1/4 wave spacing from the can's rear wall.
A great WiFi dish would make use of the readily-available satellite dish antennas for DirecTV and DISH network.
The feed arm is pre-attached, and a movable lashup can be fabricated to move the feed closer or further away.
Testing can be done on an AD-HOC channel to test the signal strength. Mark the proper feed point, make it permanent. A word of caution, you must use good cable for runs over 20 feet, as losses of most cables will chew up you signal on both RX and TX. I recommend brands like Heliax, or Times microwave, to name two.
At 2.4 GHz, your signals will easily be eaten up just from high cable attenuation.

Last edited: